cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax2-email used but deactivated and fax number given away

N/A

Plusnet deactivated the fax to email for reasons of non use in the last three months. It's not relevant that this came as a surprise, or that I might have missed an important fax today. What is relevant is that it was deactivated despite my receiving faxes at the weekend, and before that on 17/3/06 or about eight faxes in three months.
At least I thought PN could play by their rules but they say with alarming confidence

"Contrary to your belief, we are in fact "playing" by our own rules. Our terms and conditions sate that if no fax is sent via the faxt to email service in 3 months it will be removed. This has happened, and as such the number has been removed".

What on earth should I conclude? Is it that the 3 months non-use doesn't have to be consecutive? Or that there's no record? Or what?
5 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

Surely they mean recieved, not sent?
N/A

I would be very interested to find out if this response came from the CSC or another department from within Plusnet.

To be honest ( and not meaning anything bad by it ) but this is the sort of response I can only see coming from the CSC. If you look at your ticket ( assuming it was a ticket you phrased that from ) what dept does it say the person worked in?

Please be sure NOT to post the persons name who gave you that response.

Regards,
Community Veteran

I will be raising this issue in PUG for 2 reasons:

1) What has happened conflicts with the info I have regarding fax2email removal
2) The fax2email page only states
Fax-2-Email is subject to reset should it remain unused for 3 months

and does not explicitly state this is unused for sending, so you would natually expect that if you received a fax, then it is used and thus the 3 month period should be reset.

Roger, can you post the ticket number where that reply was given. Thanks.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Please accept our sincere apologies for this and for the response given. This is obviously incorrect and I have raised this to our networks team to get the number restored ASAP. An update will be supplied via the ticket when this is complete.
N/A

Apologies accepted. Thank you PN for restoring the lost fax number today. Attending to this speedily does you proud.

To all - thanks for your support. The presumptious ticket reply accelerated from the Customer Support Centre. The follow up mails say that 'a member of our Customer Support Centre has now escalated your ticket'. The ticket number is [ 19337989 ] . To peter - thx for raising.