cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax to email service

Marteknet
Grafter

Fax to email service

What are the costs per minute for sending fax via the Fax to Email service.

How much will it be costing people to use this to send faxes via this service to force9 customers?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Fax to email

Hi,

As a vetaran F9 user I seem to recall the fax to email service was completely free at one time and was one of those value added services that F9 customers received as part of an overall package with with F9. If your an F9 customer sending data via the fax to email service to another F9 customer and so your both on Force9 Plusnet's network then I would hope the service would be free from any fee's.

**I havent heard of Force9 Plusnet introducing fee's for using the Fax to Email service for any customers.

**The problem with the Fax to Email service in the past was down to a shortage of suitable phone numbers. They ran out of enough numbers to assign ALL customers a personal private phone number for fax use against an individual account. I lost Fax to Email services as a result but as I was only an occational user I didnt mind so much.

**Are you aware that you cannot send faxes over braodband as such? I only found this out not so long ago, this is because faxes & fax machines need slow speeds such as 33Kbps (and specifically a dialup connection or phone number). Yes! you can still use your ordinary voice line on ADSL and plug in a fax machine or send faxes over it but not the other portions of ADSL.

Ivan
Marteknet
Grafter

Fax to email service

I still have use of Fax to email. I was just wondering if there were any hidden costs for people who are not a force9 member who send faxes to me via the force9 fax to email service number I have been allocated. Is the cost local, national or premium ?
lhorwath
Grafter

Fax to email service

Hi there,

It is an 0870 number and as such it is charged at national rate.

kind regards

Luke
Marteknet
Grafter

Fax to email service

Thanks Luke, That clears things up nicely.