cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster speeds on bt than in Browser?

N/A

I remember suscribing to the 8mb service when it was available and not getting faster speeds but recently on BT i've been getting great speeds which i've seen go upto 600kbps but in Firefox or IE I never get speeds this fast, a download may start alot higher but it's never more than a rare 300kbps(Usually always 240 or so).
So could there be some sort of Cap on my Browser? I download off fast sites aswell like RapidShare and File sites so it's not that im downloading off Slow ones.

Cliffnotes:
- 600kbps speeds on BT that i've never seen in Firefox.
- Could there be some sort of Cap(Setting) on my Browser?

Thanks. Smiley
6 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

When you say "on BT" do you mean the BT Speedtester? If so this article might help you- although you should be aware that AFAIK RapidShare is restricted on the PlusNet network.
Community Veteran

WHat product are you on (and its option if it has one).

All products have speed limits on known file sharing sites during peak times so when did you run the download & speed tests?

See http://usergroup.plus.net/070425_bbywcomp2.php and select your product which shows what the limits are.
N/A

Sorry I should have made it clearer, I meant Bit Torrent. Why would Rapidshare speeds be restricted?

Im on 'PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1'.

I use sites like these during restricted and unrestricted times.
Community Veteran

All P2P traffic is restricted during peak times, less so to none off-peak (depending on product).

What speeds do you get from an HTTP test download here. Use the 15MB file and watch the download speed in various browsers - note you will need to clear out your browser cache before each download test.
N/A

rapidshare and the like, are restricted / slowed down during "busy times"

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/download_servers.shtml
N/A

All P2P traffic is restricted during peak times, less so to none off-peak (depending on product).

What speeds do you get from an HTTP test download here. Use the 15MB file and watch the download speed in various browsers - note you will need to clear out your browser cache before each download test.

Same as usual, just under 240kbps.

Thanks for the link Peggywan, that explains some things.(lol at Bangbros being capped)