Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FastForward Auto Spam Forward Thing

thehatman
Grafter

Is this going to be promoted by PN?

Is it going to have a button in OE so it is a plugin?

If PN want people to forward mail with headers to their Spam checker, they need to make it one-click.
39 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

No OE plugin, however the Webmail one-click spam/no-spam buttons are in the development stack. It's not a guarantee but you're probably looking around the 2nd July when this (and other mail functionality) goes live.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thehatman
Grafter

It's not much good to me in webmail.

What about backing the people on here who are making FastForward ?

With a button and promote so lots of people use it.
N/A

Re: FastForward Auto Spam Forward Thing

Hi hatboy Smiley

Is this going to be promoted by PN?
I have been in discussion with PlusNet. They suggested giving me a page on the UserTools website. I don't know when that will be ready. For PlusNet to fully endorse it, they say they need to inspect the source code to FastForward - since the FastForward code is changing a lot at the moment this won't happen for a while.

Is it going to have a button in OE so it is a plugin?
While the current public version (1.0.5) should be perfectly useable as is, the next version should have buttons in OE Smiley I'm sure it's a good idea to have lots of plugins in OE though, incase they interfere with each other Wink Your patience is appreciated; it takes time to develop and test each version Wink

If PN want people to forward mail with headers to their Spam checker, they need to make it one-click.
I agree, that's why I've been working on FastForward for almost a month Wink
N/A

See spam right click for properties, highlight copy, click forward to, right click paste headers, click to, click spam, click OK, click send.
Back to email See spam right click for properties, highlight copy, click forward to, right click paste headers, click to, click spam, click OK, click send.

Ok enough and probably only around 30 seconds each time but 30 times a day 210 times a week 800 times a month.

400 minutes of my time over 6 hours a month unpaid to help PlusNet sort Spam from Ham.

No I'm not looking to get paid for this but am surprised that such a forward thinking, high tech company do not feel it their duty if not just a great PR exercise to help us help them with their Spam problem.

A plugin for the main mail programmes realy should not be to hard for a leading edge ISP programming team to build.

But there again as a mere customer am I over simplifying things or is it, blatant disregard for mere customers that has Plus Net happy to shrug their shoulders leaving it to a conscientious customer to come up with an answer.
N/A

@ pboro - I think automating Outlook would be easier, as I encountered several examples during my research in to automating OE. That's on my todo list, to add support for Outlook to FastForward (and other email clients) Wink
thehatman
Grafter

Great news. It could have a button in OE for "Spam" and one for "Not Spam"

I agree with the person who said it is a bit poor that PN didn't do more about this.
N/A

Web Wise I applaud your efforts to assist in the fight against spam, but feel PN and other ISP's do as little as they can get away with themselves.

I remember the days when PN were proud to be the first to admit a problem exists and stood up shouting it from the roof tops. The first to openly admit unlimited was not a sustainable business model and after the ho ha everyone else followed.

Why not be the first to take the spam fight on, and if not the first the best and sell the new business products on the fact that you offer a virtual spam free service and invest in keeping us sapm free or have our new PN owners squeezed out all the get up and go.

I trust you all hang your heads in shame when people talk of re-directing your mail through another mail service then back again just to achieve what is already proven to be possible, but not by you.
Boundey
Grafter

Will this plugin also work for Outlook 2003?
N/A

Web Wise I applaud your efforts to assist in the fight against spam..
Thank you Smiley

...but feel PN and other ISP's do as little as they can get away with themselves.
I agree that the spam filters need to be improved, hence the tool to help train them; but PlusNet are going to continue to develop anti spam measures for some time to come. PN are still dealing with the aftermath of the Webmail incident and I think PN should be more proactive than reactive in the future.
The community here have made lots of good suggestions, so I really hope that PN can incorporate these in the future to combat & manage spam Wink

Will this plugin also work for Outlook 2003?
Hopefully Smiley I think eventually there will be several versions of FastForward (one for each type of email client) Wink
mapletree
Grafter

Including Eudora? Wink
N/A

Hopefully Smiley
mapletree
Grafter

Excellent Smiley
N/A

Please see this thread and post your responses there - thanks.
thehatman
Grafter

sorry to ask again, still not clear.

does it now integrate with OE, with a button appearing on the OE interface?

Also, are there known bugs so far and what do they do?

I don't often install beta software as I like to keep a stable system.

Thanks again. I will donate when it is finished. Smiley