cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast connection

N/A

Fast connection

Hmm, not sure what's going on here, are they trialling high speed broadband in Birmingham at the moment?

Woke up this morning and I had a connection speed of 7.7 Mbps. Then after a while I had to restart my pc, logged on to the net again, and back at the old speed of 2.2 Mbps. Anyone know why?
4 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

Fast connection

bet you wish u never rebooted now !
N/A

Fast connection

Hah! You bet.. unfortunately I crashed.. grrr. Still hasn't come back.. I'm checking expectantly every time I log in now Wink
kitz
Rising Star

Fast connection

Youre not the first person Ive seen report this.
I think its a pretty fair assumption to say that BTw have been upgrading the dslam at your exchange ready for maxDSL. Smiley

Once upon a time BT used to set the maximum speed on the line card at the exchange. These days they can set the speed remotely (hence why speed upgrades can now be carried out overnight).
Many line cards are still set at a maximum of 2Mb and before maxDSL comes in these will need to be changed to 8Mb.

The slight blip in sync speed would have been during a transitional phrase.
However its highly unlikely that you would have seen 8Mb speeds as Plusnet will have had your line throttled to 2Mb or whatever from their end. :/
N/A

Fast connection

Umm, shouldn't do, since I'm supposed to be able to get up to 8Mb with this connection when it's available... and trust me, I had it at that rate Tongue