cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Internet Speed

N/A

Fast Internet Speed

ITs been discussed always that for us to get fast speed it depends on your line your snr or these figures adn distance to the local exchange....

SAy at present my line would not accept more than 2mb due to the fact of my line and location to exchange and snr numbers all that...would that mean that never ever in life i can get mroe than 2mb or can my snr figures be improved in the future?

sorry this may be silly question but someone told me i can never ever get more than 2 mb cos of my snr figures and thats just made me feel arghhhhhhhhhhh Evil
2 REPLIES
N/A

Fast Internet Speed

There are a number of things you can do to help your SNR, some hardware copes better with certain lines, checking all cabling, reducing the distance between your router and the master socket, reducing the number of things plugged into the master socket (avoiding excessive extensions and so on).
There's also the possibility that work by BT may improve your line quality, but I wouldn't hold your breath Wink
Finally, these limits are for ADSL, on the horizon is ADSL2/2+ which has a different set of limits for a different set of speeds. Even if you're stuck on 2Mb now, that doesn't mean you will be when ADSL2/2+ comes, you may not be able to get the fastest 24Mb connection, but you should be able to get a connection speed much faster than that which you currently have.
N/A

Fast Internet Speed

And you'll use up your allocated 20meg monthly allowance (which +net will have reduced it to by then) in no time at all!!!! :twisted: