cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fantastic response times from Customer Service.

N/A

Looks like Force9 and PlusNet have indeed made some positive changes.

I've been one of the unfortunate people with problems, and the most frustrating was the lack of response times from customer service.

Now it seems that they promised to change this (see below) and have kept their promises, because this weekend instead of having to wait 3-4 days to get a response to my ticket, it reached the top of the pile in just over 4 hours. Cheesy

Excerpt from the "Update on Customer Support Improvement Plan 18/07/06" .
"Our priority is currently to clear all question (ticket) backlogs, and to ensure we are reducing the backlog of ADSL faults and handling new fault reports in a timely manner. In the last seven days we have reduced these question backlogs from over 8,000 to around 3,300 now. We anticipate that these backlogs will be reduced to normal levels (about 500 questions) by the end of the weekend."

Just thought I post this as people are always quick to complain but not so eager to say something that has happened correctly.

My thanks to;
David Marshall (for asking me what F9 could do to help)
Ian Wild (for the fast response and resolving the issue)
and Marco (for publicly making a statement, which showed me that senior management are serious about solving the problems and not just making noises and hoping they will go away).
Cool
9 REPLIES
N/A

Well, you probably realise what response your post will get here. It amounts to a troll, really.

Praise for a company doing what you paid and expected them to do? How sad. Praise if they did MORE than you expected, yes, but not otherwise. I think you may have Stockholm syndrome.

Meanwhile, I posted a support message Friday evening on my now 7-week non-connection, and have yet to receive a reply. They must be selecting at random, then. But usally they don't reply. It makes no difference anyhow, as nothing is done. Shall I praise them if they actually do something?
James
Grafter

Hi Sunwards,

I might just be having a blonde moment, but I can't see a fault ticket open on your account? Do you have the ticket number in question?
N/A

YOU WHAT?

This has been going on since 7 th June, for goodness sake!

The last response from Support, giving me the times for a BT visit last Friday which never happened , has the number 19584409. Is that what you mean?

Or are you telling me that the dialogue on My Questions (which does NOT seem to have any number at all is NOT actually with Support? Since it was established by David Scarpa (?) after an initial phone call?

John. Rather angry.
N/A

Well, I just checked, James, and as the red mist cleared I find this at the top:

Question topic: Your question | ID: 19584409 Open
Muhit Khan CSC Agent 3:37pm, Saturday 10th June 2006

Still open.
N/A

James, in case you still can't find an open Support ticket, I am going to break the Forum rules her and post my last message, from Friday. This is a cut and paste directly from the web page.

Feel free to edit it out of this posting, but please leave a trace:

Your comment 7:38pm, Friday 21st July 2006

BT: NO SHOW.

Let me summarise:
In over 6 weeks of no connection, I've had:

No line test before activation.

A fault declared cleared 'to my satisfaction' (it says on the BT site) which it wasn't. No one asked me. The 'fault' continued.

A fault raised again by F9, 'accidentally cleared' by BT.

Finally F9 arrange a visit, and BT does not show up, any time, no message, not a phone call, nothing

I know F9 has a Support problem, but I must draw the conclusion that there is a local problem with BT.

What are you going to do about it?
N/A

Praise for a company doing what you paid and expected them to do? How sad. Praise if they did MORE than you expected, yes, but not otherwise. ?

Expectations are sometimes a bit of a pain. F9 always used to be the BEST with customer service, and if that's the expectation then how can you exceed.
However if expectations are set by comparing with industry biggies like AOL, BT, TalkTalk etc. then 4 hours is definitely better than expected.

Please be aware that I'm not saying that F9 have sorted their issues, as I know major problems like this take a long time to resolve (just like dieting, it's not done, and sustained, overnight).

I, like you, have had my confidence in F9 severly damaged, and am trying to see if other people are also seeing changes occuring, or if as you put it "They must be selecting at random".
If indeed the change that I saw is occurring (or already has occured) with other people, then it's not just my 'lucky' experience and there is hope for the people who still have problems to resolve.

Shall I praise them if they actually do something?

From your posting it looks like BT is the problem, and F9 hasn't been very helpful due to the high workloads they've had recently.
If what I have seen is correct, then they may be getting more time to chase people like BT, and hence get you sorted.

I personally thanked a number of people, not the company, as it's the company that made a mess, but the individual people who are working so hard to sort it.
James
Grafter

Hi Sunwards,

I've flagged this to someone in the faults team. They should get back to you shortly.
James
Grafter

Hi Sunwards,

I believe you had a phonecall from MAtt in the call centre. From what I understand is that he has booked an engineer and will chase it on the morning prior to the visit to make sure it's still on course.
N/A

James,
Indeed Matt called, much obliged. I am obviously getting the syndrome. I'll post the result in a balanced, calm, fashion. Well, I'll try.

John, who only gets paid for work after after he's done it.