Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertising?

Azagoth
Grafter

False advertising?

Well, is it?

From the front page

..and my speedtest taken two minutes ago.

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1171218671&v=691698

How can Plusnet say that the speed I'm getting is broadband?
31 REPLIES
N/A

False advertising?

Well this is false advertising. No doubt about it.

BB+
"There is no usage cap, however the product is designed for up to 4GB usage each month at 4pm-Midnight. Once your usage exceeds the product design, your downloads and surfing will get progressively slower until the start of your next billing month when your usage is reset."

yeah..I've posted it a few times already.
I just wish to keep on reminding PN of what they are selling us under false pretenses.
Zathras
Grafter

False advertising?

Makes it sound like the product design is 4gb, but its not.
N/A

False advertising?

Although my line is capable of up to 2.5Mbs, I only ever get around 1.2 Mbs TOPS.

This morning i had around 1Mbps, while downloading (off-peak).

Now, EVERYDAY recently, i have Appauling speeds in peak times! No more than 400 Kbps.

This speed test has just been taken:

mcsheepie
Grafter

False advertising?

One good reason to keep old emails.....

News about your broadband service.

Your broadband comes with a peak time usage allowance of 3GB each month. We're going to increase the peak time usage allowance you get to 4GB on the 1st August. Your peak time usage allowance is the amount of data you can download or upload each month during peak hours of 4pm to midnight.

Summary
-------
Current usage allowance per month: 3GB
NEW ALLOWANCE from 1st August: 4GB
Any change to price or contract? No

This increase won't cost you any more or change your contract - it's a completely free upgrade. You'll be able to see your new allowance on the View My Usage pages from 1st August 2006.

There are 3 reasons that our costs are lower and we can pass the benefit on to you.

A) We’ve talked about our Broadband traffic management before; it is being developed all the time and is working to the designed levels. This efficient prioritisation of our network traffic means we can deliver the products we advertise, use our underlying capacity fully, and still
give everyone a good quality of service.

B) We have increased our overall capacity by moving over 12,000 customers to the Tiscali LLU network from the BT equivalent.

C) We have been looking at average usage levels and we are able to offer extra peak-time usage to customers with Premier, Plus, and Pay As You Go Basic.

Enjoy your extra peak time usage!

That actually says that you can use 4GB a month, not up to ie. 1.5GB which is what they seem to be doing.
N/A

False advertising?

Seems to be like a breach of T&C.
Andrea2006
Grafter

False advertising?

I am on premier and i get this..

N/A

False advertising?

Are you stirring it? The server in Derby was removed several weeks ago so your results are not recent.
Andrea2006
Grafter

False advertising?

Sorry, i thought that was one i did a few days ago, here is one i do now...

N/A

False advertising?

B) We have increased our overall capacity by moving over 12,000 customers to the Tiscali LLU network from the BT equivalent.

This is surely an outright lie?

Wasn't bandwidth cut when the Tiscali LLU move took place, resulting in a reduction in overall capacity?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

False advertising?

No, overall bandwidth increased when you add the capacity on the LLU network with the capacity on the BT network compared with the capacity just on the BT network before the migration of the LLU customers. (18 x 155Mbps segments vs 16 x 155Mbps plus ~300Mbps of active LLU capacity with ability to scale upwards easily should the number of LLU customers increase (currently decreasing as we haven't provided any new customers on LLU in several months).
N/A

False advertising?

Have a look at this speed test. I won't linger long

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1171228761&v=692964
N/A

False advertising?

N/A

False advertising?

No, overall bandwidth increased when you add the capacity on the LLU network with the capacity on the BT network compared with the capacity just on the BT network before the migration of the LLU customers. (18 x 155Mbps segments vs 16 x 155Mbps plus ~300Mbps of active LLU capacity with ability to scale upwards easily should the number of LLU customers increase (currently decreasing as we haven't provided any new customers on LLU in several months).

Before LLU:

18 x 155 = 2790

After LLU:
16 x 155 = 2480 + 300 = 2780

So, unless you can be more precise than "~300mbps of active LLU capacity", then I still think PN have pulled a fast one.
N/A

False advertising?

Dave, that is the best gobbledygook I've heard for a very long time... Smiley

I suspect the truth is in there somewhere. Wink