cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall From Grace

N/A

Fall From Grace

Doesn't the world change 3-4 years ago when asked I would always say yes plus.net is the ISP you want.

Now a days be it Max ADSL or there normal 2 mb connections I would have too say if asked "stay well clear of plus.net".

Always problems with the two connections I use.
Always being told nothing they can do to fix.
Always having to wait days for a reply.

The internet is meant to be fun HuhHuh

These days I spend my time online having to run tests to find out for plus.net why the service I pay them for is a disgrace.

If I was in charge I would have to hang my head in shame. Whoever is running this circus reallys needs to look at whether or not this compnay has a future with all the continuing problems and soo many other isp's out ther more than willing to take our money.
11 REPLIES
N/A

I agree

I 100% agree with you... What a disgrace... I am looking forward to return to BT... a bit more expensive... but much more reliable and with less link:censored

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Please dont avoid the swear filter by manipulating the way the intended words appear. Thank you.]
N/A

Fall From Grace

Plusnet's not responsible for 50 year old wiring or phone exchanges. ADSL is not like popping into Tesco's and buying a newspaper.

The only difference you'll find with BT Broadband (apart from the higher price and more restrictions) is they'll fill your PC up with rubbish and you call will be answered quicker (by an Indian).

Good luck.
DavidHH
Grafter

Fall From Grace

My wife and I signed up for BT Broadband three and a half years ago. At that time BT didn't include email, so I got email facilities from Plusnet.

In the early days there were three brief service breaks on the BT broadband, and every time there were helpful people on the service desk. Since then no problems with BT at all.

For almost the first three years the Plusnet email service was excellent, but in the last few months it has become appallingly bad with repeated failures, and a service status page that often shows that Plusnet thinks that all of its services are working perfectly, when the user knows that they are not, and hopes (a) that Plusnet knows that something needs to be done (b) gives a reasonable explanation including likely timeframe and (c) actualy does something so that it doesn't break again.
johnmglen
Grafter

Fall From Grace

There have been more problems recently than I have been used to with PN but I still rate them in comparison to some of the others. The horror stories I hear (and have experienced) with Tiscali put PN on a pedestal!

Anyway, they are in my good books, I have just downgraded to a cheaper account - didn't need all the premiere bells and whistes) and PN's service was exemplary, painless and totally efficient.

Hope the rough patch is a temporary state of affairs as PN are in my view, still one of the best.
N/A

Fall From Grace

Plusnet's not responsible for 50 year old wiring or phone exchanges. ADSL is not like popping into Tesco's and buying a newspaper.

You're right it's not, but providing an acceptable level of service performance should be a priority. Other ISPs seem to be perfectly capable of keeping their customers happy for a much larger percentage of the time than Plusnet do these days.

You only have to look at the huge volume of traffic on ADSLGuide to see how many people are unhappy with Plusnet in comparison to other ISPs. Even my work colleagues who use such ISPs as Bulldog and Be very very rarely have issues with their broadband connections.
N/A

Fall From Grace

There have been more problems recently than I have been used to with PN but I still rate them in comparison to some of the others. The horror stories I hear (and have experienced) with Tiscali put PN on a pedestal!

Anyway, they are in my good books, I have just downgraded to a cheaper account - didn't need all the premiere bells and whistes) and PN's service was exemplary, painless and totally efficient.

Hope the rough patch is a temporary state of affairs as PN are in my view, still one of the best.

really good move by PN to join forces with Tiscali then, wasn't it
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Fall From Grace

Yep, as was pointed out to them at the time, still the retail and wholesale arms are totally different - they are aren't they :lol:

I don't personally think the LLU situation has done them any favours, and Tiscali are certainly being PlusNet down to their level, simply because fault finding and fixing relies on the wholesale provider. At least BT can demonstrate some competence in this area.
johnmglen
Grafter

Fall From Grace

really good move by PN to join forces with Tiscali then, wasn't it

Oh bugger, did they do that?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Fall From Grace

Yep - read the annoucements on here, and there are a multitude of postings from people with LLU problems.
johnmglen
Grafter

Fall From Grace

Oh my God, Tiscali were incompetence incarnate, I left them in a hurry as they were simply the most stupid people I had ever dealt with. Even after leaving they billed me for their service that I had not been using for over a year! I told them to go **** themselves, they threatened me with legal bla and I said let's go - they went away at that point and ****** themselves I presume. :lol:

I am now officially worried........Tiscali are arses of the first order.
N/A

Fall From Grace

I am now officially worried........Tiscali are <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> of the first order.

TBH , this is old news....the announcment was made a long while back. Many predicted(and it didn't take a genius Wink ) that this partnership was going to make things go t1ts up. PN assured us it wouldn't.
Result? it all went t1ts up. What a suprise.