cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair usage = Jump into bed with BT

N/A

Insight Direct, the UK arm of US reseller giant Insight Enterprises, has raised around £15.8m by selling its remaining 45 per cent stake in Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet through a share placong.

PlusNet also announced that it has added an extra 9,000 new broadband users since the end of September, taking its total ADSL customer base to more than 86,500. This continued growth means that trading is "expected to be ahead of market expectations" for Q4, said the company in a stock exchange statement, a move welcomed by the market which has seen shares leap 16 per cent today to 154p.

Confirmation that Insight had flogged its stake in the ISP came as PlusNet announced it was snuggling up to BT Retail to "work together and share technical knowledge on the development and marketing of each other's proposed new broadband products and services including fixed access, wireless access, mobile services and Voice over IP (VoIP)".

As a result of the memorandum of understanding, PlusNet could get an early look-in to test new products and services giving it a head-start among rivals.

Said PlusNet chief exec Lee Strafford: "Closely aligning PlusNet with BT Retail will help PlusNet to remain at the forefront of developments in the Broadband market in the UK. This is a strong endorsement of PlusNet's technical expertise and evidence that PlusNet is an integral part of BT Retail's strategy going forward.

"I expect the strategic relationship with BT Retail to bring new future product and service opportunities to PlusNet as well as valuable insight into infrastructure developments." ®

for this and more intresting news on +Net

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/14/plusnet_bt_mou/
19 REPLIES
N/A

That news is a bit old hat now.

That was discussed months ago.
N/A

maybe old but still relevant, and answers many questions for me

just because you have read it before, it does not follow that everyone has ! (like me, I didnt read it until today)
and as for the dicussions months ago, well not everyone has been members for months
N/A

One thing to remember there, that is it BT Retail that relationship is with, and not BT Wholesale.

The relationship actualy suggests good things to come if I remember rightly.
N/A

I was counting the minutes before a Mod replied, but hey.. it took 2 hours

"good things" what like fair usage ?

Bt put a CAP on from 1st Jan 2005, as soon as your sharing the same bed, it had to follow with PN !

Dont get me wrong.. I can work with your CAP, its just the principal

i can only imagine that since you are now working closely with BT that they have put some restrictions upon you.

Since you complain about the 0.2% that d/l 600 gb a month, why dont you take it up with them and not the rest of us
N/A

Unrelated to ADSL.

There is more to life than fair usage. I suspect if I said "Orange juice", people would pounce on that with fair use junk too.
N/A

I suspect if I said "Orange juice", peopel would pounce on that with fair use junk too.

:lol: :lol:

So true.
N/A

I suspect if I said "Orange juice", peopel would pounce on that with fair use junk too.

:lol: :lol:

So true.

@acarr

Who MODERATES you, to quote you from another post to one of my replies

"Please do not reply to peoples threads, with the intent of derailing them, or where you are unable to provide feedback on the subject at hand."

Where does it say anything about Orange Juice in my post or subject

as i said before 1 rule for 1 and a different rule for another

you have tried to derail and given no feedback on the subject at hand
N/A

Unrelated to ADSL.

There is more to life than fair usage. I suspect if I said "Orange juice", people would pounce on that with fair use junk too.

Dear Sirs,
I am appalled at the suggestion that the supply of Orange juice may be limited. Currently I enjoy free and unfettled access to the elixir, and find I can not make it through the day with out regular watering sessions. The suggestions that I confine my habit to nocturnal times, is a complete outrage. I will be writing to the select committee on agriculture.
N/A

simonbucknell.

For your information, you might consider reading rhe first line of my reply. If not, THIS link may be of some help.

I noted that "good things" may come from the BT Retail relationship, to which came the sarcastic reply regarding fair usage.

As such, I said, and I quote
Unrelated to ADSL.

Which was valid and in the context of the subject.

To make the point more clear.

Good things, unrelated to ADSL, are set to come from the BT Retail relationship

Edit:

As to the other issues raised.

The moderators moderate the moderators. However, should you have any concerns, you should raise them with the Comms team, as noted in the infromation accounement at the top of this forum.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I really don't understand how you've made the link between our relationship with BT Retail and the fair usage policy.

The two things are completely unrelated.

If you were pondering how the relationship fits in with wireless access and VoIP then I could understand, because these are the kind of areas where we are working together.

Fair usage is someting completely seperate, something that we have been working towards for a quite a while now.
N/A

Fair comment

Dave, does your relationship with BT Retail give you any special privileges with the 4/8Mbps trials?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

No, unfortunately not. The 4 and 8Mbps trials will be conducted by BT Wholesale rather then BT Retail. Whilst we of course work with BT Wholesale, the relationship with BT Retail is seperate to this.
N/A

darkmatter. Unfortunatly not, hense part of my statement earlier.

BT Retail is the group of services like BT Openworld and BT Yahoo.

Consumers like us, also purchased products like our telephone line from BT Retail.

BT Wholesale are the side that deal wtih the rental of DSL to ISPs, and the voice line to BT Retail.
N/A

Fair usage

Any chance that for the benifit of this exercise Plusnet could "pretend" that it is a change in T&C's give us the required 14 days notice and implement the "Fair Usage" policy give those that are 'threatening" to leave the opportunity to do so under the same 14 day rule:that way the forums may return to the interesting and informative place that they used to be.

Ian & Linda Jordan