cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Usage Policy vs. Premier Traffic Shaping

N/A

In light of the changes put in place today on the Premier Package it is clear that large amount of people seem to frustrated.

I have set up this poll for the reason that I believe that the fair usage policy was, although poorly communicated etc a few months ago, a better option than what is in place today.

Possibly nothing will come of this, but it may provide plusNET with an idea of how people feel.

Regards.
Kevin
9 REPLIES
N/A

Kevin,

Call me an awkward so and so if you want, but I'd love to see a third option for "I don't give a monkeys either way, but would love to know where I stand!"

Mr A So&so
N/A

fabian (aka Mr A So&so)

Its obvious that PlusNET have to somehow limit the bandwidth to enable the network to remain fully operational. I just wanted to see that in light of the changes how people now felt about the FUP.

Kevin
N/A

Indeed, it should have a "I don't give one" and "neither" option.

I have to say, I voted for shapping.

Under shaping, there is no limit, and the effects are supposed to be small. As a result you can download vast amounts of data, without any cut-out point or points system, no matter how many months it lasts.

Whist I voted for shapping, the whole situations has been irrisponsibly handled, to the point where I feel I must gripe about shapping.

Communication is a key point. Had this been informed to us sooner, I don't think this would have been the big upset it has become.
N/A

This reminds me of the FUP 'carry on'

Again whats the point in supplying a product capable of doing alot more than you are actually prepared to let it do.

Yet another eg: You buy a car from ford with a top speed of 110 only to find out that ford has installed a limiter at 30mph. In there defense they say "its in the fine print that were allowed to do it without actually letting you know"

Look on the bright side they say "your car will last for years"

Like i say didnt we have this same carry on with the FUP

Total lack of consultation with customers Evil
Total lack of customer care Evil
Total lack of information Evil

I thought with the bad press from FUP plusnet would have learnt...guess not Shockedops:
N/A

Kind of pointless poll.

I'd much rather there was neither.
N/A

The F.U.P would of been better if it ment we were going to get 8Mb for £21.99 but if we are all staying on 2Mb i'd go for shapping, you can download more for the same price.
MrToast
Grafter

I voted for FUP because it has an element of 'the user pays'. This also generates a revenue stream (with tiered levels) for the supplier to invest in their network.

Under shaping modest and light users experience the congestion caused by others. ISP's are then vying to attract small users because they are profitable and disuade heavy users because they cost.
Community Veteran

Gonna be controversial here but why not give customers the choice of:

The FUP with up to 8mb speeds

Or

Traffic shaping with up to 2MB speeds

Keep the available band with for both products seperate so one group of customers can't affect out the other's connection!

I said I was going to be controversial!
N/A

could only the heaviest users p2p be shapped? or is that just like the bad boy pipe?