cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Authenticate IP Address

grimreality
Grafter

I have been having the same issue for almost a week now where my connection dies. According to my modem/router and Plus.net staff my connection is stable. This is based solely on the fact that I have a valid ip.

The problem is the ip I get from Plus.Net is not being authenticated for the network. This means that the last two steps of the test for connectivity fail as I cannot ping the gateway if I am not getting a valid ip address.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi there.

As per our telephone conversation this evening, I have added a note to your ticket outlining our discussion and detailing the further actions required by our faults team should this problem arise again.

Intermittent problems such as this are extremely hard to diagnose, however you have my assurance that we will do our utmost to identify and resolve this one should it occur again.

It was a pleasure speaking with you and I look forward to getting to the bottom of this problem.

If you have any queries, dont hesitate to get in touch.
grimreality
Grafter

I had teh issue again last night where my connection dropped at ~22:00Hrs.
Community Veteran

Sorry to hear that.

Did you manage to ring us as I suggested last night?

I dont see anything on your account to suggest as much.
grimreality
Grafter

I never even knew about it until this morning when I checked the modem log and it stated that the connection has been alive for 10 hours.

Just figured I give you as much information as I can to help in diagnosing the situation.
Community Veteran

Thanks for that.

Radius shows a disconnect due to user request at 21.42 and an immediate reconnect, seconds later, which is still ongoing.

I have added a comment to your ticket and look forward to seeing your reply.