cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed migration due to different speeds, only they aren't.

N/A

Just bunging this up on here as well as creating a ticket to see if anyone has any insight.

I got my MAC about 2 weeks ago and started the process of migrating to another ISP. Today they told me the migration failed because it was not a like for like service. The account I chose was a 2mb one and I'm on 2mb here. When the regrades went through I did have a lot of problems after I was told I couldn't get 2mb and I wanted to know why as my line is fine and I live about 100 yards from the exchange. After some detective work from the +net staff they finally got it sorted but said something about BT having done something daft.

Now it looks like BT have REALLY done something wrong because according to them I'm only on a 512k line when I'm really on 2mb and it's b0rk my migration.

As I'm still with +net can any tech bods have a look see what is going on as I don't really want to faff around for so long that my MAC expires and I have to pay another month.

Cheers.
5 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I think if you're migration has failed then your mac will now be invalid, so you would need to ask PlusNet for another one. I don't think this would effect your notice period if you ask again before the other one was due to expire, but that would need confirming.

Good luck with getting your speed issue sorted with BT!

Phil
N/A

your new ISP should investigate this with BT wholesale if I'm correct.
N/A

I haven't got a new ISP now though as they've cancelled the account etc. The only info they have on me now is that I tried to migrate and it failed and it took them 5mins to find that when I called.
N/A

The ISP I have given my MAC key to tell me there is no longer any obligation to migrate to a 'like for like' product - if you are on a 1Mb product and 2Mb (or more) is available on your line then you can change product.

They also say that if you want a different (faster) product but it turns out to be unavailable on your line, they will contact you to find out if you want them to resubmit the request but for a slower (like for like) product.
N/A

I haven't got a new ISP now though as they've cancelled the account etc. The only info they have on me now is that I tried to migrate and it failed and it took them 5mins to find that when I called.

if the isp you wanted to move to wants your business, then they will have to sort it out with BT wholesale, PLusnet did it for me when I signed up with them. When I rang bt wholesale to try and sort it out, they wouldnt deal with me.