cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Migration.......30 days for a new MAC Key!!

N/A

Just had a failed migration due to not being able to get 2meg and when I've asked Plusnet for another MAC key, I've been informed I'll have to wait 30 days :shock:

I do not want to stay with Plusnet for another 30 days as I'm fed up with paying nearly £22 pound for this shocking service.

Is this the case, do I actually have to wait 30 more days? Cry
5 REPLIES
N/A

If the migration failed that MAC code is null and void as it has been used on an order so yes they can issue a new MAC code withing the 30 Day period
N/A

Mac codes are valid for 30days, hence why you have to wait another 30days for the next one. Seeing as it failed though, you would think someone would have the gumption to do something about it for you.
Community Veteran

You have to explain to PN that the MAC code was used by another ISP but the migration failed. As a result the MAC code you were issues with is no longer valid and ask them for a new one.

If you have been issused with a MAC but don't use it then you have to wait for it to expire (30 days) before a new one can be generated.
N/A

I just find it strange that now this MAC Key is null and void I have to wait 30 days.

I've not really had much joy when raising a ticket, maybe I should try to push plusnet in to giving me another key.
N/A

petervaughan, thanks for the info. Just sent another ticket, hopefully this resolves things.