N/A

FUP] What R the £15 accounts going to get for the extra £5

Huh? please
29 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

What extra £5 is this?

Do you mean the £5 to remain on a 20:1 contention? If so then it's simply that, they will not be regraded to 50:1.

Let me know if i've missed the mark on this.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

What extra £5 is this?

How much is the current cheapest broadband package?
How much will be the cheapest package under FUP?

Is the pricing structure for the FUP packages not influenced by the supposedly concurrent speed boost of MaxDSL? If those speed boosts do not materialise in April for 512k customers are you still able to justify the proposed FUP prices - which look like a 33% increase at the bottom end?

Simon
N/A

The Lite accounts i.e. £14.99 are staying the same? The £18.99 [22GB]/£21.99 [30GB] is the cheapest available for Premier.

Unless I've missed something?

"Speed increases for PAYG products

PlusNet’s Broadband PAYG products, formerly known as “Lite”, will also be extended to include 4 and 8Mb speeds from April. At £14.99 per month, and £1.50 per GB thereafter, speeds of up to 8Mb will be a fantastic value product option for light and infrequent Broadband users. "

See this thread for more details.
N/A

Hi there,

The cheapest premier option is £21.99, the £18.99 option is only available to people on a legacy product "ADSL Home Surf"

Regards,

Rich
Community Veteran

How much is the current cheapest broadband package?

£14.99 broadband home lite (any speed)
£21.99 broadband home premier 512K (the £18.99 homesurf package is no longer available and people cannot choose it anymore)
How much will be the cheapest package under FUP?

The cheapest under FUP will be £21.99 - Broadband home

I don't understand the rest of your post pr100.
N/A

I'm still not following either...

extra fiver?

Regards,

Rich
N/A

I assume that they thought the £14.99 accounts would no longer be available and that the cheapest account available would be around the £20 mark.
Community Veteran

I think Peter, that in the latter part of his post Pr100 is asking more or less the same question that has now been asked in two other topics - which I may add have had no input from PN since the question was asked.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25703

and

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25675&start=105

Am I right Pr100?Huh
Community Veteran

He didn't post in the first and not sure what he is on about in the 2nd.
N/A

From what I gather, the concern seems to be confusion based on whether the FUP comes in at the same time as the upgrade...or whether FUP will apply for all customers even if they haven't recieved their speed upgrade.

Current Lite: £14.99
In future: £14.99

Current Premier: £21.99
In future: £21.99

The "extra fiver" can only be confusion about Lite products, which are staying in the new system.
Community Veteran

I didn't say that Pr100 had asked the question in the other topics.

I just stated that the question had been asked.
Ianwild
Grafter

I thought I had cleared this up a couple of times? (Ian tries to find older posts, but they have been buried!)

The FUP, Bulk Regrades to the DSL Max product and 4 / 8 Mb trial are seperate entities and the rollout times are independent of each other.

Fair usage will be implemented at the same time as we launch Broadband Plus and have finsihed the new VMBU system. That will be some time in April.

Bulk Regrades to the IPStream Max products will start in April and continue through the summer, across the country.

The 4 / 8 Mb trials start in April on 21 exchanges, and will again be expanded through the Summer.

In terms of the specific timings for the exhcnage based changes, I'm currently waiting on BT to come back to me with some statements to back up the information we have and provide some more details.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

the £18.99 homesurf package is no longer available and people cannot choose it anymore (snip) The cheapest under FUP will be £21.99 - Broadband home

I don't understand the rest of your post pr100.

Not sure that I do either. Let's start over. The cheapest Premier product under FUP will be £21.99 which is £3 more - approx 14% more - than the cheapest pre-FUP Premier package. The question really is: are PlusNet going to force existing £18.99 customers to fork out an extra 14% if they can't get the MaxDSL speed bump in April?

Simon
N/A

Hi there,

Unless i'm still missing your point...

£18.99 (home surf) customers will remain on £18.99 home surf unless they request otherwise.

Regards,

Rich