cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUP + Speedupgrade + Easystart Users

pHx
Grafter

Hello, i am an easystart user with free equipment.

I know if i upgrade early i have to pay £7.50 for the first month ( equipment fee ) as well as £15. But do i have to pay anything because im still in contract with the easystart for breaking it.

I am hoping to move to the £22/month 2mbit/30gb
11 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

I don't think it's quite as easy as you suggest?

How far into your Easystart contract are you? You would have to pay the £7.50 deferred hardware charge for the remaining period of the contract I believe. There is also a £29.99 fee from changing from an Easystart package, rather than £14.99, but I'm not sure how it works if changing whilst you are still inside the Easystart contract.

Someone in the know will pick this up soon and let you know.
N/A

If you are on EasyStart and taking a speed upgrade prior to the free ones, and aditionaly performing this mid-contract, it could be expensive. It may be better to hold out.

I will explain both scenarios for you.

Change early Also known as the queue jump.

Early speed regrade is £14.99 charge
Decrease in monthly cost incurs a £15 admin fee (from £24.99 to £21.99)

So before you start, you are already paying £29.99 charge.
As you are also breaking out of your easystart contract early, then you incur a £7.50 fee for each monthremaining on your first 12 months.

As you can see, very costly.

Free regrade by sticking things out.

By sticking things out until your free regrade and until the first 12 months of easystart are up, you can make a huge saving. Although you continue to pay £24.99 a month until this time, you incur only a single charge.

No early speed regrade charge £0.00
Decrease in monthly cost incurs a £15 admin fee (from £24.99 to £21.99)

Because you are outside of your easystart contract, you will not pay the charge of £7.50 for each month until your 12 months are up.

Conclusion

Queue jump
Charges £29.99
Saving (monthly) £3
Time to recoup charges 10 months

Waiting out
Charges £15
Saving (monthly) £3
Time to recoup charges 5 months

Remember, queue jumping may also add £7.50 a month on top, whilst waiting it out might not.

How long into your contract are you.
pHx
Grafter

My contract finishes 1month to this day May 10th.

Yeah problem is though since my town is really not big it will most likely be one of the last with MAXADSL so im looking at around july for a free upgrade :\

Although would i just have to pay the one off £15 fee after my contract is up? to downgrade
N/A

After your contract is up, you would pay the one-off fee of £15 to downgrade from Easystart to Premier 30G.

You get the same account features at a reduced monthly cost.
pHx
Grafter

Kinda feel like us easystart users have been left in the dark by plusnet though.

Dont think it is very fair.
Community Veteran

I don't think it's fair that you got a better product than me for £120 less by chosing Easystart.

Swings and round-abouts. Some you win, some you lose.
Community Veteran

Plus.Net offered the `EasyStart` package to match other suppliers’ introductory offers.
It offered considerable savings over the standard; Connection + Hardware + Monthly Fee, that Plus.Net was offering at the same time. In terms of upfront costs.
The Total cost of ownership being the same over a three year period.

By changing to the standard package after 12 months when the contract restrictions ended. Even with the introduction of the £15 administration fee, you are still saving £100 over 3 years.

Chilly
pHx
Grafter

The FUP FAQ/Upgrade area of the portal mentions no fee if i want to upgrade from easystart and havent finished the contract.

All i would pay is the £15 fee and £7.50/month until my contract expirer's.
Community Veteran

Once you have made 12 monthly payments (Do not count the postage charge on the modem) you can regrade without the £7.50 month penalty, just the £15 admin charge.
Why not wait until you have made the 12 payments

Chilly
pHx
Grafter

I will probably wait but i am understanding that i would have to pay £15 admin fee plus £7.50/month until my contract expires yes nothing else?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

@phraser

Yes this is correct if you were downgrading now and waiting for the free speed regrade.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵