cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP slow speeds

N/A

FTP slow speeds

Hi I have been downloading off a ftp based in Sweden and get rubbish speeds ie between 25 an 50kb's any one else had this prob I put a ticket in about it asking if there was a routing prob and they said the wasn't did a ping test and they wre hi 60ms

I am on 2mb premier and speeds from other sites that are based in the uk are fine http down loads are ok as well
11 REPLIES
N/A

FTP slow speeds

Hi,

It could be that there is currently a huge demand and a lot of people are downloading at the present moment. Alternatively it may also be that the FTP protocol is placed in the Silver band and is therefore throttled to a certqain limit somehwat.
N/A

FTP slow speeds

placed in the Silver band and is therefore throttled to a certqain limit somehwat.

Hi thanks for the reply I know for a fact there wasn't to many on it and it is a 100mb server which has limited accounts and whats the silver band ?? never herd of that one.
N/A

FTP slow speeds

As you may or may not already know PN are running the SUP now and are also throttling certain protocols in favor of others. This is to ensure the continuing speed of the most basic applications and that everyone using this service is able to enjoy their time online.
The way in which this works is that Http Https Plustalk etc are in the Gold band are high priority
Silverband = Medium priority and gives way to Gold
Bronze = Low priority and gives way to both Silver and Gold.
N/A

FTP slow speeds

Hi thanks for the reply ok got that but I think I should be getting better than 25 an 50kb's on a 2mb line shouldn't I. Sad

Nearly for got why are the uk ftp's ok then.
N/A

FTP slow speeds

I've found that FTP from fast sites has mostly been good, but it seems to fluctuate all the time and not constant. I've not seen a site drop below the 160KB/s mark yet. Ideally would like to see 230KB/s+ constant, but the service simply doesnt allow this anymore, unless its quiet.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

FTP slow speeds

Although FTP is in the silver category we haven't actually dropped any silver traffic to date, so it's equivalent to gold.

If FTP is fine from one site and not another then that really suggests a problem with the first site or one of the transport links to it.
N/A

FTP slow speeds

hmm got a long way to go till my contract is up then and I'll be out of here if thats the case there wasn't a mention on the ticket I got in reply about any of this

Gold band are high priority
Silverband = Medium priority and gives way to Gold
Bronze = Low priority and gives way to both Silver and Gold.

Goes to show PN don't tell you every thing :x
Ben_Brown
Grafter

FTP slow speeds

Silver gives priority to Gold if there isn't enough capacity after bronze has been dropped, but this has never yet happened.
N/A

FTP slow speeds

If FTP is fine from one site and not another then that really suggests a problem with the first site or one of the transport links to it.

I can understand that I just wanted to know if any one else who maybe on a se site has had the same prob.

I know othere people on the same site who get a slow down but only 50 kb's or so
they still get 180kb's Wink
N/A

FTP slow speeds

Maybe there were a lot of races going on on the .se site at the time Smiley
N/A

FTP slow speeds

It's not raced m8 Wink yet