cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP error 550

N/A

FTP error 550

Just recently i wanted to perform some file maintanence on my webspace so i loaded up my usual SmartFTP program connecting to ftp.plus.net with my usual <username> and <password>.

I connect fine but when i try to delete or create anything i get error 550 access permission errors as follows:

COMMAND:> MKD test
550 test: Permission denied
ERROR:> Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).
ERROR:> Can't create following directory: "/htdocs/test".

now the last thing i did before this was deleting a load of folders off my space. is it possible that the ftp has temporarily locked me out (say for 24hrs?) for deleting too much?

ps. have already tried alternative ftps suchs as ftp2.plus.net and ftp-proxy.plus.net and have turned off passive access.
5 REPLIES
N/A

FTP error 550

its not something you have done - i am haviong exactly the same problem.
N/A

FTP error 550

that's good to know, i can assume that the support pages haven't updated with their FTP status yet and i probably need to wait a mysterious X hours before it will be working again properly.
N/A

FTP error 550

Just checked the status page... email problems aswell!!

That means the CGI server, the FTP server and the mail server have all gone wrong today! Whats going on!! :shock:
LastRoMan
Grafter

FTP error 550

Odd that, although I cannot get onto email (Outlook Express puts up a box saying I have typed an incorrect password), I have been FTPing for the last 30 minutes without any problems at all. :?
N/A

FTP error 550

I'm having the same problem as well. also I think with the CGI