cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP and p2p is sloooow

N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

I'm on the Premier Option 1 package, most months my useage doesn't go above 10GB in total and I do all my downloading and uploading during non-peak times (ie not between 4pm and midnight). Rarely ever use p2p, mainly just surfing and FTP work.

My FTP speeds are being capped at 500kbs no matter which FTP server I'm using. My speed tests show speeds of 1700+kbs. Last night p2p was around 10kbs! My bandwidth useage was only reset on April 4th too...

I've raised a ticket but was wondering how many other users appear to be unfairly throttled like this? I play ball, I schedule my downloads outside of the peak hours, but I'm still getting stitched up. It's frankly pathetic. I've had this problem before and within an hour of raising the ticket, my p2p speeds magically jumped from 5kbs to 250+kbs, yet the ticket came back telling me "nothing was wrong".

Don't know why I've been so excited at the prospect of up to 8MB broadband, because clearly with plus.net it's actually 512kbs broadband when it comes to FTP use. Even general net surfing can go unbelievably slow sometimes.
11 REPLIES
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

Its all take take take and no give give give with PN nowadays

Its a shame cos PN used to be a good ISP
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

I wouldn't mind but I don't even come close to "abusing" the service. I think I'm going to start looking around at other ISPs. Plus haven't even bothered to respond to my ticket either so they clearly couldn't give a toss. Don't think I'll be recommending them to my father after all!
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

have a look at http://www.nildram.net/ thats where im thinking of going
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

I'd be tempted by a dirt cheap 512kbs deal at the moment, since that's all Plus.net are providing me with on their alleged "up to 8MB" package...
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

My FTP is also crawling. I'm on level one management (2Meg Premier, pre-option 1) and it's taken 45min to upload a 1.3 Meg site to my webhost.

I've been on level 1 management before but it's never been this bad.

I've had problems with my connection being throttle off-peak too, that ticket (#1909960Cool has now been open for 3 1/2 days! Still waiting for PlusNet's reply.
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

Which realms (the bit after the @ in your login) and gateways are those having troubles on?
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

The gateway is "Telehouse North, Juniper 5 - thn-ag1" and the realms are various UK and US hosted domains.
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

The realm is the bit after the @ in your login, examples are plusdsl.net or plus.net.
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

Sorry, I thought you were reffering to the FTP logins. My PlusNet realm is plusdsl.net
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

Dreadful P2P speed here too. I've being doing a bittorrent download all weekend, averaging about 3k/Sec! Sad

Raised a support ticket but they reckon I'm not being throttled at all.

Have tried different torrents and all crawl at the same speed.

Pretty fed up in all honesty but it's just such a pain to move ISP isn't it Sad
N/A

FTP and p2p is sloooow

Never been near to getting throttled. Only started P2P this month. Thirty songs downloaded. Now can hardly get above 3k. If this is PNs management then I think either it is defective or they are scamming us by having too many customers for the available (bought) bandwidth.

"...too many customers " may well be something that PN will never again experience.

My prediction is that within a month if they don't renegotiate with their customers (or simply provide the service that we expect) we will vote with our feet, well I will anyway.