cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP/Usenet/P2p Allowance is a lie

N/A

Right then peeps, we have all been lead to belive that the FUP stuff on FTP P2P and usenet is from 8am - midnight, in which time we are allowd to download 20gig of data. and then from 00 01 to 0759 we can dl up to 70gig (or 100gig) in the month. now then. this is wrong. for you see in reality its 20gig for the entire month (no peek / off peek nonsense) its just 20gig, over 20gig and your throttled, under 20gig and your not. so its 20gig, simple. now this seems like a silly thing to say soooo here we go:

from a ticket raised by me:

The speeds are slower as you have exceed your monthly p2p/news/ftp allowance.
This allowance is 20 gig within the total 100gig regardless of the time of the transfer.
Peak / off peak only applys to SUP monitoring. Not data transfer allowance.
Regards,

now this could be miss quoted so here is the pic:

http://www.buzzons.co.uk/pics/omgpn.JPG

now then.. this is very intersting due to their OWN website stating differently.
so you think it was one man? no he had to go and confer with another employee before putting that in my ticket, so this seems to be plusnets new way of thinking. yay!

happy reading peeps

Buz
96 REPLIES
Community Veteran

That final statement in the ticket sounds wrong to me as the 20GB figure is for peak time only (8am -> midnight). Do you have a ticket number so I can get it checked via PUG.
N/A

na mate, its 20gig 24/7 for the full time. no off peek onpeek etc, its just 20 gig.

[number 18409507 ]
N/A

Peter,

I can confirm with buzzons.
At least this way when advising others I will be better in the knowledge. Here is the ticket in question

2006-01-07
01:13:50
[Removed by moi]
Customer Support Centre Closed : Explained the current news/p2p/ftp policy.

20gig total/month, this is not effected by the peak/offpeak like the SUP.

These changes came into place on peoples first billing date after 07/12/05.

Regards,
[Removed by moi]

I also made a point of asking if this person was certain. The response was yes, at the present moment the usage allowance for ftp/usenet and p2p was 20GB for the entire month regardless of any peak or off-peak hours. This meaning that the full 720 hours of this billing month I have a total of 20gb ftp to use ( well as clean usage anyway ).

It was also mentioned that the vision for 2006 was just that a vision to where things will be progressing but not what was actually in play.

Hmm, I need to do some serious thinking now.
N/A

That was quick, wasn't it?
kitz
Rising Star

Something is wrong with those tickets.

When I wrote this article I spent a good bit of time trying to read through all the bumph... and clarifying a few things with PN.
One of the things that it clearly states on the portal.

Please note: only peak-time usage (8am - midnight) contributes to this allowance. We recommend making large downloads during off peak-hours when all applications are unrestricted. Outside of peak hours, customers will be able to download larger amounts of data as the network is not contended at these times.

Its also been mentioned that the 8am - midnight period is to be reviewed within the next few months to making it 4pm to midnight in line with the SUP.
N/A

That was quick, wasn't it?

Sorry, what was?

Kittz,

Im not sure whats going on. Im not sure if the CSC rep has gotten somehow confused or gotten hold of completely the wrong end of the stick.
What I cannot shake off though is that I was as clear as possible with the person making sure I was clear in what I was asking in light of the above post.

Whats completely baffled me is, I asked if the 20GB was purely for peak time as in 8AM until midnight, and the answer to this was "NO". So I asked for clarification, there is no peak or off peak apparently. We are all on a profile ( so it would seem ) where we get 20GB clean usage and then it gets throttled no matter what time of day it is.
The person did however clearly say that there were meetings about this of which the results have not yet been passed back to the CSC reps.

Me frankly I dont want to believe it and would rather have not heard about this, but at the moment, it does look a little odd :?

Regards,
N/A

odd or not, its in text, and thats bad -- for us Sad maybe the pn staff can shed more light on it soon, however it looks bad Sad
kitz
Rising Star

tom.

Wanted to correct this right now, before it got out of hand and confused anyone else.. so Ive just rung them up.
Check your contact us.. you should by now have something added to it.

Just to clarify..
only peak-time usage (8am - midnight) contributes to this allowance.
N/A

Sorry, what was?

Change was quick - from 20Gb in peak time and 2.5Tb at all other times on money to 20Gb flat and chop goes your line speed back to last century on friday.
N/A

kittz

tom.

Wanted to correct this right now, before it got out of hand and confused anyone else.. so Ive just rung them up.
Check your contact us.. you should by now have something added to it.

Just to clarify..
Quote:

how did you do that? how can you edit or get others to edit OUR tickets, surly this is a breack of well data protection at the very least! how!! did you do. you dont have PN staff near ur nick at all, so how did you manage it!
N/A

i actually cannot believe what i have just read in this thread, im totally gobsmacked....i dunno what to do except laugh :s surely this cannot carry on? 20Gb 24/7 and after that your throttled thats pretty hard to believe....im baffled by what plusnet are trying to do to their customer base i really am Sad
kitz
Rising Star

I didnt do nothing aside from ring them up and point them in the direction of this thread. I dont have access to any information about your account.

I noticed from your screenshot and toms post that both had been replied to in the early hours.. it didnt take a genius to work out that who-ever was giving out this information worked on the nightshift.. so therefore it made sense to ring them now.

Once I'd told the guy what was happening he was able to get sufficient info from this thread to work out the rest.

I dont know what has been said to you.. I dont even know which agent it was that responded to your tickets.

The only thing I do know is that the agent I spoke to said he would add an amendment to toms ticket like I asked if he could.
kitz
Rising Star

pj1984

Possible posts like yours is exactly why I rang them up I wanted this misinformation stopping now, before others started believing it too.

Its NOT 20Gb 24/7. the correct answer is

N/A

i posted before you had posted that reply so i didnt see it obviously!!