cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Problems .

N/A

FTP Problems .

I have been trying to FTP to both my PN Webspace and also another website I have .I can only get connected when I disable my Windows Firewall. I have raised a ticket and the suggestion I got first was to list my FTP Programmes in the Firewall "exceptions" list but I had already done this .I returned the ticket and got this .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as we are aware, all other customers using winxpsp1/sp2 with the win firewall are not having difficulty connecting to the FTP space.

You can connect with it switched off, but not on.

Try running every patch on http://windowsupdate.com/ or, switch it off and use a different firewall.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from the fact that the link was quoted incorrectly all my updates are up to date so that didnt help.
The Firewall is obviously the problem but I cannot for the life of me see what I need to alter to get past it or is it simply that nohting will get past it and I need to disable it every time I want to FTP something .
Can anyone suggst anything .?
Stuart
4 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

FTP Problems .

try removiing and reinstaling the ftp program
or installl it to a different directory
the firewall should detect it as a new program attempting to connect and you can allow it as needed
N/A

FTP Problems .

How about also getting a better firewall than the built in windows one as it is very shockingly bad for not allowing programs it says it is allowing
N/A

FTP Problems .

Well I disabled the Windows one and installed the free version of Zone Alarm which has allowed both Cute FTP and Coffee Cup access so I'll probably stick with that altho' it's annoying not to be able to find out why the Win Firewall has caused this problem.
Stuart
craigbrass
Grafter

FTP Problems .

Maybe because Microsoft make it Tongue

I also have had previous problems with the windows firewall and FTP software. I Purchased the McAfee suite and have had no problems since...