cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Problem - is it NTL?

N/A

FTP Problem - is it NTL?

I understand that the widespread FTP is resolved. But I'm still having problems, and this has been problematic since I moved to NTL cable broadband 3 months ago.

Since I moved, I had problems logging into FTP, but it did log in eventually, even though it kept cutting out and I had to log in again after uploading about 3 files at a time.

However, for the past week I have been unable to do anything - neither log into, connect or FTP upload.

Acting on all the advice to date, I have used Dreamweaver UltraDev, CuteFTP and LeechFTP. I have turned my firewall off and on. I have tried with PASV mode turned on and off. I have used ftp.plus.net and ftp-proxy.plus.net. All to no avail.

Note I have 3 other hosting accounts with 3 other ISPs around the globe and don't experience an NTL compatibility problem accessing those accounts.

Anyone else using NTL experiencing ftp access problems?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Please HELP :-(
J

2 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: FTP Problem - is it NTL?

i was like you i had a few problem... however once i changed to AceFTP i had no problems...

The speed is not good but it works!!!

cUnDaLl
N/A

RE: FTP Problem - is it NTL?

> I understand that the widespread FTP is resolved. But I'm still having problems, and this has been problematic since I moved to NTL cable broadband 3 months ago.
>
> Since I moved, I had problems logging into FTP, but it did log in eventually, even though it kept cutting out and I had to log in again after uploading about 3 files at a time.
>
> However, for the past week I have been unable to do anything - neither log into, connect or FTP upload.
>
> Acting on all the advice to date, I have used Dreamweaver UltraDev, CuteFTP and LeechFTP. I have turned my firewall off and on. I have tried with PASV mode turned on and off. I have used ftp.plus.net and ftp-proxy.plus.net. All to no avail.
>
> Note I have 3 other hosting accounts with 3 other ISPs around the globe and don't experience an NTL compatibility problem accessing those accounts.
>
> Anyone else using NTL experiencing ftp access problems?
>
> Anyone got any suggestions?
>
> Please HELP :-(
> J
>
>
Hi there,

Did you get the same error when trying ftp-proxy.plus.net? Also if you have any logs from your FTP client detailing any errors you get please attach them to the Contact Us ticket you have raised.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----