cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP / P2P Problems

N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

Hi there

since this mornings outage, I have been unable to connect reliably to an ftp server. I can messenger files to someone else & they can ftp to the server no problem, but I cannot. I can't even put a 2kb file on to the server Sad

Also, P2P is in the 0.5kb d/l range....

My billing period started at the w/e and I am no where near the throttle limit.

Is this fallout from this mornings problems?

thank you for your help
6 REPLIES
N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

hi

ive just started my torrent and im getting around 120k sec
N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

Oh man I am jealous Wink

I have restarted my router, (left if for an hour or so) then started off on uploading 54mb of files to the ftp server... all went fine for about the first 5 min, 30k sec upload... then i started getting server timeouts & disconnects.... and now I am down to bytes or nothing....

I know it is not hte server at the other end, as someone on another ISP can quite happily chuck the same files up no problem... Any one any idea?

thank you
N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

ok, found out why....

I am on level 4 management, even though I have the email to say:

"This email is to notify you that you have successfully passed your billing date therefore peak-time usage management has been removed from your service."

Billing point was sunday /monday midnight...... And we are in tuesday evening, and the managment has not been removedHuh

link - says for a 2mb line that level 4 is Up to 64Kbps... Is 0.6Kbps really what I can expectHuh

Yes, i am not happy Sad

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): URL shortened as it was stretching the page]
N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

well after being on hold for 35 minutes i have been told to download a bittorrent client to confirm that it is the +net network that is up the creek without even a boat let alone a paddle. when i explained in my ticket that NOTHING has been changed on my network since lastnight.

yes lastnight i was having a crap download speed but atleast i could connect now i cant. and NOTHING has been added, taken away or changed. yet I STILL CANT CONNECT.

why +net?

I DONT LIKE BEING TOLD IM A LYER.
N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

ok, found out why....

I am on level 4 management, even though I have the email to say:

"This email is to notify you that you have successfully passed your billing date therefore peak-time usage management has been removed from your service."

Billing point was sunday /monday midnight...... And we are in tuesday evening, and the managment has not been removedHuh

link - says for a 2mb line that level 4 is Up to 64Kbps... Is 0.6Kbps really what I can expectHuh

Yes, i am not happy Sad

This sometimes happens as Plusnet aare still using a manual process to apply and remove management profiles. If you open a ticket and request for the removal of the management this should be done for you ASAP.

Regards,
N/A

FTP / P2P Problems

Hi there

sent a ticket last night about 8.30 pm, and again at about 8am this morning, still have not yet had a reply and I am still getting ftp disconnects & timeouts. I have contacted the server managers, who ran a remote test to check the ftp and have uploaded with no problems, the same as the guys on a different ISP, who can also happily upload. I can sometimes upload (and at max speed) but I will get disconnected frequently Sad