cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE means FREE

N/A

FREE means FREE

To check customers thoughts on PLusnet offering FREE* migration and cancellation.

free means free, not £20 or £30 but FREE nada zilch, zero
62 REPLIES
N/A

FREE means FREE

Erm, the question is a bit ambiguous isn't it?

Most people leave for free as it is. Infact, I would go as far as saying all people leave for free.

If or not they have to pay a fee when leaving, is defined by the contract they are on and the time they have been here.

WIthout further understanding of when you define free as free, and if or not there are exceptions, I would have to say no here.
N/A

FREE means FREE

Acarr I think you have been mindwashed by Plusnet as you think FREE is not as I put it but some other Plusnet version of FREE. Can you not understand the concept of FREE meaning Nothing, nadda, zero, £0 ?

If they pay a fee when leaving this is not FREE?

If a customer likes the service they have why would they leave if it were FREE to do so?
N/A

FREE means FREE

Yes, I do understand that £0 is zero, nothing and many hundreds of other ancronyms.

But as I said, your poll is kinda ambiguous.

Surely your challenging your own beliefs by providing a no option?

I define having to pay £14.99 if you leave before 12 months of service after inbound migration, as free.

Why?

Because by signing up in the first place, you'r acknowledging you will pay it in such a circumstance.

There is no actual leavers fee.
N/A

FREE means FREE

But Plusnet has made customers who would of stayed for the full 12 months leave now because they have changed the service beyond recognition.

I do think youve been brainwashed as any payment on leaving isnt free and shouldnt be advertised as such.
N/A

FREE means FREE

Have they?

The same people that would have stayed 12 months were given the option to leave, after been informed via email of the changes.

Surly it's their own loss if they didn't take the oportunity?

It's no different to BSkyB.

If you take out the free box & install deal, you are required to repay them if you leave within 12 months. They wont even give you the option to buy-out the remaining months of your contract, but require that you do this and pay for the box.

There are many example of this in the world. PlusNet are not the first, and highly unlikely to be the last.
N/A

FREE means FREE

What a silly poll!
N/A

FREE means FREE

But the service has changed since these new terms so I ask that they offer the choice again to be fair and transparent.

I spoke to cs around the time of the september terms and he assured me that 150gb would be the limit. No peak limit was mentioned and he also said that customers would first be given 2 weeks to change their usage.

We are now in October where a 100gb limit is in place with a 30gb peak limit and customers are being throttled first and made to agree to new terms before they can get back what they originally signed up for.

Also it seem plusnet are now in the psychic business and are able to further throttle based on their new psychic abilities.

But if your happy then so be it. Cast you NO vote and move on.
N/A

FREE means FREE

But the 30 GB peak was notified before the T&C changes came into force, so people still had the option of leaving.
N/A

FREE means FREE

NO it wasnt notified to me. As I said I spoke to CS who said a limit of 150gb no peak, 2 week notice was loosly in place. This was 1 week before the deadline.

I hear from others that you used to be a moderator. Why did you resign if you dont mind me asking?
N/A

FREE means FREE

Scrub that last question as I dont really care.

Anyway back on topic as I feel you are trying to discredit the poll by starting illogical arguments. (when has free meant £14.99)
Wheelie
Grafter

Re: FREE means FREE

To check customers thoughts on PLusnet offering FREE* migration and cancellation.

Let me guess you want to leave and they have told you that you have to pay the £14.99 back for migrating in Sad

So I take it you never read the terms and conditions of the offer in the first place, if you had you would have known that it is free as long as you stay for 12 months. So the simple answer is pay the money and migrate out since making a song and dance about it on here will get you nowhere
Sandro
Grafter

FREE means FREE

What a silly poll!

Why?
N/A

FREE means FREE

There is no actual leavers fee.
Apart from 30days they charge you for after you've left? (price will vary depending on which package you're on, but around £20)
N/A

Re: FREE means FREE

Let me guess you want to leave and they have told you that you have to pay the £14.99 back for migrating in Sad

So I take it you never read the terms and conditions of the offer in the first place, if you had you would have known that it is free as long as you stay for 12 months. So the simple answer is pay the money and migrate out since making a song and dance about it on here will get you nowhere

No, I knew about the £14.99 charge. Also I planned on staying for years as I for one dont like to move around isps because of the extra hassle and cost.

I also like to get what I signed up for and not some second rate version.

You may like to have your service reduced and that is you choice.