cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOA Plusnet Support:Direct Debit Query

N/A

FOA Plusnet Support:Direct Debit Query

Not a moan or complaint,but I am interested in why the Direct Debit process seems so slow.For instance my invoice date was 25/02/2003 which is the date I would expect the dirict debit payment to be taken,but according to my bank statement it did not leave the account until the 27th meanwhile the "pending" I think had been showing since either the 25th or 26th and did not change to "fully paid" until the 3rd or 4th of March.The reason for my curiosity is that I pay my utility bills by direct debit on the 1st of each month, and on the 1st of each month the money leaves my bank account,plus I noticed for the first time (and it may be showing whenever the "pending" is up in the view my transactions,and I have'nt noticed it before) the option to "re-activate my account".Is this usual,or because the process seemed slow and a weekend was involved I was close to having my account de-activated.In other words at what point in the process are those that control the on/off switch for accounts aware that the money is on it's way,and is there a reason that the bank cannot be asked for the money and it be taken on the invoice date,and how close I was to losing my account.

Thaks for any information

Ian & Linda Jordan
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: FOA Plusnet Support:Direct Debit Query

> Not a moan or complaint,but I am interested in why the Direct Debit process seems so slow.For instance my invoice date was 25/02/2003 which is the date I would expect the dirict debit payment to be taken,but according to my bank statement it did not leave the account until the 27th meanwhile the "pending" I think had been showing since either the 25th or 26th and did not change to "fully paid" until the 3rd or 4th of March.The reason for my curiosity is that I pay my utility bills by direct debit on the 1st of each month, and on the 1st of each month the money leaves my bank account,plus I noticed for the first time (and it may be showing whenever the "pending" is up in the view my transactions,and I have'nt noticed it before) the option to "re-activate my account".Is this usual,or because the process seemed slow and a weekend was involved I was close to having my account de-activated.In other words at what point in the process are those that control the on/off switch for accounts aware that the money is on it's way,and is there a reason that the bank cannot be asked for the money and it be taken on the invoice date,and how close I was to losing my account.
Hi there,
Our current DD implementation can vary in the time it takes to withdraw the funds. The DD guarantee specifies that the payments may be "on or after" the advertised day, so our billing engine is performing to specification.
The account system this end is aware that DD payments do not go through immediately and is unlikely to cut you off.
We do appreciate there are many factors of our billing system that could do with improvements, and I can confirm that our entire billing system is being rewritten.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: FOA Plusnet Support:Direct Debit Query

> Hi there,
>
> Our current DD implementation can vary in the time it takes to withdraw the funds. The DD guarantee specifies that the payments may be "on or after" the advertised day, so our billing engine is performing to specification.
>
> The account system this end is aware that DD payments do not go through immediately and is unlikely to cut you off.
>
> We do appreciate there are many factors of our billing system that could do with improvements, and I can confirm that our entire billing system is being rewritten.

Thanks for the reply Mike,as I said it's no big problem just curiosity on my part,and for all I know the utility companies may have to request payment 3 days ahead of the 1st of the to get it on 1st.Altough DD's seem to work ok,I must confess that to me there is still an aura of mystery surrounding them.

Once again thanks it is appreciated

Ian & Linda Jordan