Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO: Mand Beckett

N/A

Hi Mand,

After reading your post here:

http://www.broadband-guide.org.uk/providers/plusnet-broadband.html

I decided that now was the time to finally move away from Plus.net. I contacted your customer services department to request a MAC code, without paying deferred fees, and got a rather predictable response, as you can read on ticket number 21392490.

Now, I know that consumers who are leaving Plus.net might not be your highest priority with regards to customer service, but as you will have read on the above link - this policy is portraying a pretty bad image of the company. After all, I didn't even realise that these fees existed until I tried to cancel for the first time a few months ago.

I used to be the most vocal promoter of Plus.net, up until about 9/12 months ago, but this is a perfect example of the ill will and that has turned me away from your services, and I probably won't be the last person to air my grievances to friends and forum users alike. I would like to be able to resolve this and have something positive to say about the experience at the end of it, but it isn't looking likely.

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the matter, and to see if we can put an end to a problem that is obviously affecting a great deal of your longer term customers. Just a quick note: Two years ago I became a returning customer, how many people on the above website are going to do the same?

Kind Regards,

Alec
3 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Alec,

Are you aware that we will shortly be waiving deferred charges that are older than 12 months for all of our existing customers? They are merely charged that you chose to defer (although apparently you were unaware of this at that time) that we have to pay to BT.

I hope this adds a little more clarity as to why these charges are in place - they are merely charges that we have to pay and offer you the ability to not pay these up front, but to allow these to reduce over a period of time.
N/A

Thanks for responding so quickly - To clarify:

The outstanding deferred fees (£47 reduced over two years, so £28.20) will be waived shortly? Do you have a time frame?

Ta.
James
Grafter

Yes, we're looking at late March or early April. I'll confirm once we have a set date.