cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Ben Brown.

N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

Hello there,

We can see from your posts that you are currently very unhappy with the service we provide, and are currently prevented from leaving as you are in an annual contract.

Although this is not something we normally do, I can action the cancellation personally and no further charges will be taken, all applicable fees will be waived as a goodwill gesture.

If you choose to migrate away from us, then you will no longer be considered a customer and as such your access to the forum will be removed.

If you wish to take up this offer, please raise a ticket marked "FAO: Ben Brown" and PM me with the ticket number so I can action this immediately.

Ben Brown
PlusNet Comms Team
Now recruiting - See our Careers Page for more details

So you seem to be offering disgruntled customers a way out? I'd like to sign up for this too please! I've made numerous posts stating how unhappy I am with the service, so I'm in exactly the same position as Lifeboat, the user you so kindly got out of a 12 month contract, so I'd like to be treated the same way too.

When can I go? Or do I need to complain more? Surely you wouldn't treat one customer in one way that you're not willing to treat another?

Quote taken from http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=139
17 REPLIES
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

i seccond that as well just let me and i will take my bandwith sapping usenet access else where. i would even pay the activation fee at this point like in another thread on these forums if plus net will cut me loose with my mac address after that
crimsone
Grafter

FAO Ben Brown.

That was very good of him. Does deferred activation and hardware count too? lol
N/A

Re: FAO Ben Brown.

Hello there,

We can see from your posts that you are currently very unhappy with the service we provide, and are currently prevented from leaving as you are in an annual contract.

Although this is not something we normally do, I can action the cancellation personally and no further charges will be taken, all applicable fees will be waived as a goodwill gesture.

If you choose to migrate away from us, then you will no longer be considered a customer and as such your access to the forum will be removed.

If you wish to take up this offer, please raise a ticket marked "FAO: Ben Brown" and PM me with the ticket number so I can action this immediately.

Ben Brown
PlusNet Comms Team
Now recruiting - See our Careers Page for more details

So you seem to be offering disgruntled customers a way out? I'd like to sign up for this too please! I've made numerous posts stating how unhappy I am with the service, so I'm in exactly the same position as Lifeboat, the user you so kindly got out of a 12 month contract, so I'd like to be treated the same way too.

When can I go? Or do I need to complain more? Surely you wouldn't treat one customer in one way that you're not willing to treat another?

Quote taken from http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=139

Well done, as much as i appreciate your reasons for posting this message i feel you have only made matters worse. Now you have advertised this the chance of anyone breaking their contract is incredibly unlikely. I too knew about this message but kept it to myself to avoid a flood of people trying to use this loophole.
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

This was of course a private message which was sent and does not represent a change in policy. We still require contract terms to be met and payment to be made in full. There are always the odd exceptions to any rule and I will respect the privacy of the matter by leaving it at that.
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

Hi there,

Can I just echo Stews first comments and point out that the following is an excerpt from the forum rules.

Posting of Personal Details
Without the express permission of the user are not to be posted on the forums. This includes the content of pm's (personal forum messages) or
emails received form moderators or staff.

Whilst it is now probably pointless removing the original post, users should be aware of forum rules before posting.
Community Veteran

FAO Ben Brown.

Without intending to take this off topic - can I point out that the message had already been published elsewhere and was just reposted here quoted from that location ;-)
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

Without intending to take this off topic - can I point out that the message had already been published elsewhere and was just reposted here quoted from that location ;-)

Yes it was on Plusnetters forum. However did it need to be taken from their and onto here. :roll:
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

Why not? If anyone had posted here asking for the same treatment from Ben as 'lifeboat' had received then people would have been asking 'what treatment?', 'what proof?', 'how do you know Ben made this offer?'.

neal73 has simply quoted a post from a 3rd party website which he has to assume is genuine (though he could also assume it is a hoax and therefore NOT be posting PMs or emails contrary to the forum rules).

Assuming it is a genuine offer from Ben then I think it's only right that other unhappy customers should be given the same treatment.
Community Veteran

FAO Ben Brown.

Indeed it is, if the other customers are in precisely the same circumstances. The point in this case however is that it is still a private communication that has been posted even though it was already in the public domain...
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

The point in this case however is that it is still a private communication that has been posted even though it was already in the public domain...
But as I said, the OP here could rightly say he/she assumed the "email" is a hoax. It wasn't sent to them and they simply quoted it from a 3rd party website (yes, I know it's your website).

No, I think the real point in this case is, if this email is genuine then everybody should receive the same offer.
Community Veteran

FAO Ben Brown.

(yes, I know it's your website).

No, I think the real point in this case is, if this email is genuine then everybody should receive the same offer.

Actually it's Liam's site ;-) I just mod it.

As I already said I agree on your main point - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether it's the "point in this case"...
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

Guys. Can we bring this back on topic, please Smiley
N/A

FAO Ben Brown.

Erm... I did when I said:

At least, I think that was the topic :?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

FAO Ben Brown.

As Stew has said earlier in this thread:

We still require contract terms to be met and payment to be made in full. There are always the odd exceptions to any rule and I will respect the privacy of the matter by leaving it at that.