cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 take note..

N/A

F9 take note..

F9, I've been a loyal customer with you since 1999 and have recommended you to many of my friends & family.. that is, until recently.

The forums are demonstrating the definite trend of the feelings of your customer base. Take note, otherwise the way this unrest is going you won't need to control the bandwidth since people will be leaving you and going elsewhere.

I cant keep track any more of the number of changes you have made to usage policies. I joined the premier package for an unlimited package and the rules change so often I really don't know where I stand. I'm unsure of how this is all going to affect users when serious Video On Demand kicks in with the likes of the BBC, SkybyBroadband etc.

Perhaps your vision for the future should include finding ways to respond more to the fact your customer base is becoming increasingly disgruntled!

L
15 REPLIES
N/A

F9 take note..

Hi laurent,

I completely understand your feelings and I think its true many loyal users feel the same way as yourself. F9 just doesnt listen well enough any more to its customers IMO & even if it does listen it still does what it likes. The real reason for this this is because the F9 managers have an autocratic top down old fashioned management style, a style that seemes largely outdated these days in modern companies.

Secondly, the other problem is that when you jioned F9 it was still a relatively small ISP who's charateristic was to be friendly and genuinely helpful to its customers and at the same time provided a very high quality service. Sadly the one thing that tends to go out of the window when companies grow and merg beyond a critical limit is that the quality of the customer service goes down exponentially to its growth.

Another example is school meals the more kids the service has to feed on a daily basis the poorer the end result (ask Jamie Oliver he knows all about that one for sure). The basic ingriedents might start out OK the end result is still poor and the same applies here sadly.

**YES! i'll be watching with interest to see how 8Megs and above will affect useage policy etc.

Ivan
quelquod
Rising Star

F9 take note..

But remember that BT's pricing structure has changed and this affects F9 and all other ISPs apart from those wholly on their own circuits. Noone can sell at less than they buy for and bandwidth users (that's us folks) have to accept that.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

F9 take note..

Hi theadamsons,

The actual pricing of my service/s isnt what bothers me most of all, its the *****y aweful amateurish management style who have more concern about shareholders than making customers and the quality of customer service the real priority. Its very sad to look back on what F9 used to be when I jioned all those years ago.

**I know things change in life but NOT ALL change is nesseccarily for the better, indeed some changes are for the worst. And in F9's case its the quality of customer service that has suffered in a dire way IMO.

Ivan
quelquod
Rising Star

F9 take note..

Yes cyteck I do agree with that. I've been a user here since 1998 with several accounts and I no longer recommend F9 for just those reasons. It is, to use your own word, simply amateurish. The state of this forum is just another example - a simple (?) scripting problem yet after a week it's still broken - has noone heard of keeping backups and using 'undo'? I was overcharged for my broadband in December and it took over 6 weeks to get a refund. Both customer and technical support seem to have minimal capability.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

F9 take note..

wheres the linkto thosre cams in F9 office thingie, or have they been removed cas people will see em doing f all ?
N/A

F9 take note..

Hi There,

Both customer and technical support seem to have minimal capability.
The main reason I see for this is directly related to the size of F9 PlusNet user base growing to large too quickly, & now having to please shareholders ontop of everthing else.

This is down to F9 merging and growing beyond a critical limit, after this threathold is reached then the quality of service epsecially customer service tends to go down. Which means that support staff are probably running on the spot to stand still and further it also means that management is far more reactive than proactive. Its all rather depressing and disappionting, I'd love to be able to say to people I know I have this REALLY COOL internet provider but sadly the reality is its not the case.

Ivan
N/A

F9 take note..

same case as Bulldog then Tongue they were good then died (alot) cas of massive overgrowth, why wasnt F9 reasy for this type of thing?
N/A

F9 take note..

Hi Gartester,

In reply to your question as to why they werent ready, its because it was probably driven by financial reasons more than any desire to improve the service to actual customers. (i.e. when it comes to OOOwww!! look how big we can grow and OOOOwww!! look how much profits we can make,etc). Sadly were profit making is concerned growth of profits and expansion of company size (i.e. beat your competitors or else in the current ISP environment) comes before anything else apart from keeping shareholders sweet of course. Which means that lower down the organisation when it comes to front line staff they are the least prepared to deal with major change. This goes for many companies not just F9 PlusNet, its a common scenario of our times IMO.

Ivan
N/A

F9 take note..

Ya suppose, shame really, i so wish everything wasnt privatised Sad
N/A

i agree

Perhaps a strategy F9 should undertake is to try to focus more on where it is and pleasing existing customers before it starts losing some of its customer base, rather than expanding at a rate it cannot sustain.
N/A

F9 take note..

shareholders can sack directors if they wish so the power is in thee hands.
N/A

didnt think of that

Are plusnet shares publically or privately traded? A user could buy shares to be able to express their views at an AGM and let the shareholders know how disgruntled a lot of users are lol!
N/A

F9 take note..

yeah lol lets all become share holders !!!!!!! Cheesy

F9 -> PLC so its publically done Smiley
N/A

F9 take note..

Hi,

YES!! thats actually true but I suspect that requires directors & CEO's who are open enough to listen. The problem here is that the F9 management style is awefully autocratic IMO & so I also suspect that comes directly from the people on the board who are probably also very autocratic themsleves. Companies reflect the cultures & attitudes of their leaders & board members sadly but it tends to be true from my own experience.

**Point being that autocratic leaders & managers rarely listen or consider others points of view they tend to make whats called top down decisions, which are dropped on everyone else from a great height for better or worse, usually for the worse unfortunately.

Ivan