cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 new webmail - mailboxes

N/A

firstly apologies if (1) this is in the wrong forum (2) this has already been answered by someone - I could not find an answer anywhere and I was unable to post this to "tutorials and faqs" as I am not a "moderator"

ok so what I want to know is (1) is it possible to somehow have open one webmail windows that contains more than one of my mailboxes and if not (2) f9, are you going to provide this capability any time soon - it would make my life sooo much easier - please, please pretty please - I know I'm being undignified now but some things are worth begging for...
6 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Re: F9 new webmail - mailboxes

firstly apologies if (1) this is in the wrong forum (2) this has already been answered by someone - I could not find an answer anywhere and I was unable to post this to "tutorials and faqs" as I am not a "moderator"

ok so what I want to know is (1) is it possible to somehow have open one webmail windows that contains more than one of my mailboxes and if not

Hi,

Yes it is. You need to open your default mailbox using the advanced view. You can then add your additional mailboxes using the multiaccounts facility. This is located under Tools > Multiaccounts.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

i did already try that - but was confused by the fact that it refers to "external" accounts - can you please give me an example of what I should put in the fields username, hostname, mail server and type to add one of my other f9 mailboxes please?
N/A

Setting up the multi-mailbox thingg is not obvious. I strugge each time I try to add one. I'll dig later and remind myself how to do it and come back (unless someone else beats me to it)

Ultimately, you will probably not find it useful. You can only see the contents of one mailbox at a time and have to supply passwords each time you want to switch. I don't like it at all. I think it's a backward step from the functionality we had before the 'upgrade'
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

i did already try that - but was confused by the fact that it refers to "external" accounts - can you please give me an example of what I should put in the fields username, hostname, mail server and type to add one of my other f9 mailboxes please?

Hi,

username: the username to your POP email account. If this is one of our mailboxes it will be <username>+<mailbox name>
hostname: this should be <username>.f9.co.uk
mailserver: this should be mail.force9.net

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

yes that works thanks, but as a previous reply to this post has pointed out, this doesn't really give me any more convenience than logging in/out seperately to each mailbox - I'm really looking for a facility to log in to any number of my mailboxes and see them all in the same window - any chance of getting something like this anytime soon?
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not available with @mail. We have looked at this. If a future release has it, I'm sure we will accomodate it.

Kind regards

Luke