cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 ever going to offer ASP 2.0?

David_W
Rising Star

Microsoft are pretty much giving away the software needed to make ASP 2.0 websites, including the developer software (web dev) and programming software (vb/c#) and the database software (sql express), so professional level tools, for free.

There is a site that is offering 2.0 for about 70p per month for the first 3 months, then about £3 a month after that, you get 500mb space, 30gb transfer, so its transfer rate is about the same as F9.

You currently have support for Frontpage, but that might be from Apache. Anyhow, are F9 ever going to let us host ASP pages etc..?
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Its unlikely that we'll provide support for ASP, due to the nature of the software required to serve the ASP pages. As the servers that we do run are based on open source software as much as possible.
N/A

Have you investigated using mod_mono?
astarsolutions
Grafter

I thought Mono was just for ASP.NET?

I looked into running ASP pages from an Apache web server and the only way I found to do it was to have the Apache server proxy the requests back to an IIS machine.
In the end I decided to rewrite my site in php.
N/A

Mono allows you to run .NET on non-windows OS

Mono provides the necessary software to develop and run .NET client and server applications on Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows, and Unix. Sponsored by Novell, the Mono open source project has an active and enthusiastic contributing community and is positioned to become the leading choice for development of Linux applications.

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

I'd find it very handy to have .NET hosting with f9 as well, so consider my hand raised if there's a vote Wink