cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 - Down the Tubes

N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

Ok I've had enough. Been with F9 for nearly 10 years and overall the service has been good.

I was pretty sick of the roundabout for services ie diff. servers for FP, CGI & Web Space but we kept getting promises that this wouild all be unified (LOL) Got a call last week from a Market Research Co. acting for Plusnet and I told them the service was going down the tubes "On a scale of 1 to 10 , what is the likleyhood of you being with F9 in 6mth" Wouldn't accept my awnser of -10.

Finale straw today, ticket posted @ 2004-08-18 10:41:07 and you guessed it, still not awnsered.

I'm going to sawp to a basic ISP package and buy my hosting/web needs from a company who looks after their customers.

Phoneguy
11 REPLIES
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

PhoneGuy,

I can only empathise with your situation and im sure that CS reps at F9 did not mean to pi$$ you off. I wonder if this matter could be resolved by a simple telephone call to F9 reminding them that they have not yet replied to your ticket.

I feel that F9 do value their customers and that this may have been a simple oversight on their behalf - but is it really worth the hassle of moving your business elsewhere? this would most likely give you a headache!!!

At the end of the day you have been a loyal customer of F9 for 10 years and i can only assume you have done so becuase your happy with the overall quality and service of what they are supplying you with.

My advice give them a call.

Kind regards
Shaun Wilson
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

Why should I have to call them to tell them they are not doing their job??

Not a pop at you M8 but come on...............

Phoneguy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

F9 - Down the Tubes

Hi Phoneguy,

Your ticket has been answered now, the times listed on the site are the average time to close tickets not necessarily the actual time. Yes we would love to be able to answer every ticket straight away but that's impossible unfortunately.
I should also mention that if you amend an open ticket it sends it to the back of the queue. This is something we've raised to get changed and is on the workstack to be done shortly.
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

Dave,

Thanx for that but as you will see from my ticket, my query has not been solved! I tried to upload to the FP server yesterday and it would not connect. This has nothing to do with flushing my cache as suggested :x

Today I can connect OK, nothing changed at my end ie PC not rebooted & FP left open all night waiting to connect!!

As I couldn't obtain a FP connection, last night I burnt my files to CD and took it to my M8's who has PIPEX ADSL, still couldn't connect. This is a F9 issue.

phoneguy
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

Last night when I phoned support regarding some issues that are current on my account - I had similar problems but put this down to the current fault with the adsl in extreme weather conditions - my sync was lit - i received my ip address but was unable to browse - I asked the CS chap if you were experiencing problems but was told no - so in the end i just disconnected my router and powered it off.

Today I have heard from a few other users that they had similar problems and all were f9/plusnet customers

I also agree with Dave that tickets cannot be answered straight away - remember CS staff have to deal with both tickets and calls, and not everyone is straight forward.
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

As I couldn't obtain a FP connection, last night I burnt my files to CD and took it to my M8's who has PIPEX ADSL, still couldn't connect. This is a F9 issue.

I wouldn't swear to it , but I would imagine you can't connect to the FP platform from a non-F9 connection (for uploading).
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

@woodviews
Today I have heard from a few other users that they had similar problems and all were f9/plusnet customers

Rather coincidental considering F9 told me all was OK and that it was my cache??

@ csogilvie
I wouldn't swear to it , but I would imagine you can't connect to the FP platform from a non-F9 connection (for uploading).

I can't see why not as you can FTP into the webspace from a nono F9 connection. Provided you have the username & password you should be able to get access.

Come on guys, I don't want to get into a bitchin session, all I want is reliable webspace with good support and I for one am not getting this from F9.

Phoneguy
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

phoneguy,

are you using a modem or router?

are you using a firewall?

if so try disabling it and see if you can connect and browse - the reason I say this is that again tonight I couldn't access anything - spoke to CS and gave me other dns servers - but found that they couldn't trace back to me - I disabled my firewall and hey presto I was then able to connect and browse again - i have reconfigured my firewall with the same settings and am still on the net - it seems that my settings for some reason had got stuffed up.

I hope this answers your question - also if you in the yorkshire area other people have had problems, due to the severe weather conditions..
jberry
Grafter

F9 - Down the Tubes

Hi there,

First of all, woodviews, we did have a problem across various areas of Yorkshire last night caused by a fault at BT's side. This should now be resolved so let us know if you are still having a problem.

Phonehome, access to the frontpage servers is restricted to people connected through ourselves. The reason for this is that frontpage runs on the CGI platform and as such the security concerns mean we must restrict access. We did not ever say we would unify the platforms - it was something that we looked at as a possibility but it was rejected, mainly on the grounds of security.

I have tested your frontpage and it is working fine for me (I can view the pages fine as well as connect fine) so this is going to be something at your side. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help but there is nothing that we can do at our side to resolve this issue.

Regards,
N/A

F9 - Down the Tubes

@woodviews

Live in Durham so it may have had an impact.

I have a router with in built firewall & (due to my trusting nature) Zonealarm on my each PC. I have to disable ZA to log onto the FP server but fire it back up when done.

Thanx for the info M8, at the moment all sems OK :lol:

@joshberry
Yes all seems OK now thanx. Just a point though, if there is a pipeline issue between F9 & BT, wouldn't it be prudent to flag this up to users even if it's not your fault :?:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

F9 - Down the Tubes

Hi,

When we get notification from either our network team or BT that there is a problem with the pipes are a problem in a particular area it will get posted to service status.
Regarding the problem in Yorkshire this became apparant on the evening of the 18th if I recall correctly, but there weren't enough customers to determine exactly what the cause was. The following morning we received notice of a Major Service Incident from BT of a degraded service in Manchester and Yorkshire which explained the previous night's calls which was added to service status.