cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.A.O. mandbeckett

robstreats
Grafter

F.A.O. mandbeckett

It is now almost 96 hours since your response to my question ID: 20096982 (you said it takes 48-72hrs) and my speed remains unchanged at 130kbps. Also I have been leaving my system powered up 24 hrs a day - which I do not normally do - is this still necessary? I would be grateful for an update please (and a restoration of my previous speed).
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

F.A.O. mandbeckett

Hi,

I've sent the fault back to BT and updated the ticket for you.
robstreats
Grafter

F.A.O. mandbeckett

Thank you David, that's all very well, but still leaves me with a totally unacceptable speed of 130kbps. I will repeat for the third time, all was well until the TeleHouse Power failure; so could not the fault be with PN rather than BT? The situation is stretching my tolerance and I hope that my next message will not be for a MAC code. Also it did not answer my point about the necessity of leaving my system powered up 24 hrs a day.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

F.A.O. mandbeckett

Sorry missed that question, the reason for leaving the power on (and if you have a router it only needs to be this and not the PC) is because we don't know when BT will be running their tests. Their frontline guys work 24/7 so the tests could be done at any time.

I don't think it's going to be related to the Telehouse power problem because the BT speed reports show that the speed is being limited on their side rather than ours. It's likely that at some point around this time the router/modem sync'd at a speed below 288kbps, maybe just for a few minutes, but long enough for it to decrease the throughput.
robstreats
Grafter

F.A.O. mandbeckett

The updating of my BRAS profile seems to have been completed and it now reads 6000kbps which it what it always was prior to my question when it dropped and stayed down to 500. I do not want to speak too soon, but my speed also seems to have returned. Can I rest easy now and be confident that my problem is solved and also switch my system off as and when I wish? Thank you for your attention.
Mand
Grafter

F.A.O. mandbeckett

Hi there

Glad to hear that the speed has returned, hopefully it will remain so. Smiley

There should be no problem powering your router down from time to time, as long as there are not multiple disconnections in a very short period of time.
robstreats
Grafter

F.A.O. mandbeckett

Altho' the BRAS rate is still shown as 6000kbps, my actual speed has again dropped to around 420kbps - so it looks like the fault is NOT cured? Please investigate and advise.