cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.A.O Dave Tomlinson please

N/A

Hi Dave,

Are Plusnet going to add peak and off peak usage to the portal "view my usage" tool? If so then when??

Because i really am not sure what I download at peak times at the mo and have no way of monitoring it.

Thanks
23 REPLIES
N/A

As per the announcement yesterday, yes they are.

As for when it's readyt, the question serves as the answer as well, from what I read.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 19

Phil,

What announcement? I see nothing the in Announcements/Service Updates forum that appears to relate to this. Am I looking in the wrong place for notices on changes to PN's service - like was this published on ADSL forum?

Cheers,
Kevin
Community Veteran

One of the stickyies at the top.
N/A

Huh

Sorry but you have confused me with your answer

"the question serves as the answer as well"

what does this mean??

thanks
N/A

Didn't word it very well.

It is in development, but it's gonna be ready, when it's ready.

If it's like the previous VMBU changes, it is gonna be some time.
N/A

I am on PAYG, but if I were a Premier customer, this peak limit is the major problem that I would have.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the limits themselves, but how on earth is somebody supposed to ensure that they stay within the peak limit when there is currently no facility for them to monitor their peak usage? Enforcing things first and updating the VMU tool afterwards strikes me as just plain crazy.
N/A

They are ddesperate to cut down usage because they are having to reduce costs, hence introduce the reductions before anyone can monitor their usage. It's crazy, but I think, they have no options, they are in deep trouble.
Community Veteran

It would certainly seem that they wish to carry on trying to provide Marks & Sparks products, while charging NETTO prices. And they have the cheek to tell us what is sustainable ad what isn't.

How long do you think the advertisement of "Premier" with statements like:

"Ideal for frequent downloads"
"Optimum speeds at peak-time"
"Speeds up to 8mb - The ultimate broadband experience"
"Premium Quality"

While all the time not providing links to new customers to allow them to see the actual usage/limit figures?

They will simply carry on attracting customers who are blissfully unaware of these limits, run headlong into them, and then start moaning.
N/A

Neil Armstrong here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

and it's very simple for anyone to do a bit of research and spot inconsistencies. That's why you won't see me or anyone else from PlusNet deliberately misleading anyone, it's unethical and it's plain bad for our customers and therefore bad for business. Will we get things wrong occasionally?

Don't missleadHuhHuhHuh?Huh
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The new VMU is currently in development, and will separate peak and off-peak usage.

We have planned our products very carefully to ensure that we can provide a very high quality broadband product for our customers at a very competitive price.

The measures we have put in place will ensure that everyone's peak time experience is protected, even at busy times. With the Sustainable Usage Policy, the vast majority of our customers will still be able to use their connections as much as they want whenever they want, with the usage of over users affecting the performance of their connection.
Community Veteran

Ben, since it will cost the same to provision an 8MB line as a 2MB why not give us a 8MB service for £24.99 along with the SUP, the extra £3 could go towards more bandwith so we get the best of both worlds I calculate you would need about 50,000 customers on this product before you could buy a new pipe over and above what you would normally, but I don't think it would take long if you marketed it properly and informed all existing customers who've not opted out then it wouldn't take long to reach that figure.

you could call it SUPPER Broadband :razz:
Community Veteran

So the traffic of those under the "limits" will all be clean and unshaped then?

I thought that even if you were under the limits and were using P2P you would see some shaping - is this not the case? Seems I may have gotten wrold of the wrong end of the stick
Community Veteran

AFAIK p2p is still shaped.
N/A

This 'tool' should be available now considering that the policy is in full swing.

And in my opinion it should be software based, not in the portal.