cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremly frustrated New customer

N/A

I have recently moved house and needed a new ISP. As my Brother had raved about plusnet for ages i took his advise and signed up.
5 weeks later and I still have no Service for which i have paid the privelege of £20 and have been told if I cancel this account i will be liable to further charges of £72.

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for hardware to be dispatched , am getting no meaningfull replies on the help assistant and find it almost impossible to get through on the phone.

Does anyone ahve any suggestions at all about what i can do next Huh
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Have you asked a Question ticket to the support team via the Help Assistant? What does your order tracker say? Has the line been activated do you know?
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I've raised this internally, and a Comms Agent should be along to respond shortly.
N/A

I have raised 3 tickets and phoned up twice but still got nowhere. I have lost all faith in ever getting my broadband with plusnet and am wondering how i can be charged £72 for cancellation when I have received nothing !Huh
N/A

I would expect £50 or so of that to be what they have already paid BT, and the rest to be for the hardware they have purchased for you.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I've just run a few tests on your line, and it's showing as the order having been completed (31/07), but you are currently unable to gain a signal with the exchange. This is normally referred to as not gaining sync.

Can you try a few things for me?

- Try using a different microfilter
- Try unscrewing the faceplate from your master socket and inserting your filter into the test socket behind this.
- Borrow a friends modem, or trying your at a friends house, if possible.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

I've placed a new order for you today, which you should receive by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

I've also answered your other tickets.