cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds

N/A

Extremely slow speeds

Hiya all.

Ever since last thursday or so, my intenet connetion has been extremly slow. Its like going back onto dial-up. I am unable to stream video or load large images without waiting absolutly ages! My average download speed now is about 16kps when it is usualy about 230kps.

I think that this is becasue of the recent exchange upgrade (just as a guess) because it has been working fine before.

When will the speed be sorted? Anyone care to share any light on the matter?

Thanks,
Jamie.

(Also, my friend has been unable to connect to the internet ever since the upgrade, around about the same time my speeds went very low. Coincidence? I think not...)
3 REPLIES
N/A

Extremely slow speeds

Hi Jamie.

Look I'm only guessing here but I wonder if part of this problem is due to DSLAM being upgraded at your exchange (the BT exchange you connect too locally) but NOT your individual phone line yet?. The major upgrading process involves several stages a) The DSLAM b) your phone line c) your speed profile via BT/F9 etc,etc.

Ivan
N/A

Extremely slow speeds

Thanks for the reply.

So what shall I do then? I am getting sick of these speeds...
Ive just tried to download my antivirus updates at 4kps.. its like hell!

I hope my speed gets back to normal soon, else I wont be too pleased..

EDIT: Ironicaly, just after I said that, the speed now seems normal.
N/A

Extremely slow speeds

Hi Again,

If it does happen again, then I think you need to phone up CSC here at F9 and let F9 have a look at it? This is one of those grey areas as there have been problems with the F9 portal during the last 24/48hrs so it might be that these portal problem/s are indirectly related to your issues with speed?? I dont know but your should seriously bear this in mind though.

Ivan