cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow connection in Bath (Just over 100KBits/s!)

N/A

I have experienced extreme slow down in my connection speed from yesterday till today. I've checked my exchange status and it's green! Anyone experiencing this problem?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Where are you in your billing month? Have you exceeded the usage allowances for your product?

Can you post your IP Profile as reported by the BT Speedtester (see here for help using the speedtester).

Has there been any recent change to your home wiring? Recent introduction of new phones or a Sky box?

Have you checked that all your telephones have microfilters?
Fixes: 116

Sorry, couldn't resist asking - maybe some water has seeped in? Wink :lol:

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Where are you in your billing month? Have you exceeded the usage allowances for your product?
---> I'm on Premier 1, so it's unlimited, furthermore my peak time usage atm is only at 9GB (17GB allowed). Futhermore even if I exited the limit, my bandwidth can only be throttled during peak hours. Furthermore, my internet keep disconnecting.

Can you post your IP Profile as reported by the BT Speedtester (see here for help using the speedtester).
---> Here you go:

Has there been any recent change to your home wiring? Recent introduction of new phones or a Sky box?
---> Nothing changed.

Have you checked that all your telephones have microfilters?
---> Nothing changed. I've even hard reseted the router to see if it is its fault.
Fixes: 116

---> I'm on Premier 1, so it's unlimited, furthermore my peak time usage atm is only at 9GB (17GB allowed).

Not quite so, even if you are talking about off-peak. Apparently, if you do exceed an unspecified amount you will get a communication from PN. Not sure what actually happnes, though.

Your allowance is 20 not 17GB but, as you stated, you are nowhere near even level 1 restrictions yet.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Looking at your IP Profile (135kbps) you have had a massive noise or loss of sync event on your line.

BT have therefore restricted your IP Profile to try and maintain stability on your line and prevent packet loss.

This is an automated process run by BT at the exchange, and there is nothing PlusNet can do to increase this beyond raising the fault with BT.

As your BT Speedtest shows that you were syncing at 2368kbps at the time your took the test, you should see an increase in IP Profile after 3-5 days of stable connection and a corresponding increase in throughput.

That said, this sync rate still seems low for a MaxDSL line, what speeds do you normally see?

Can you post your router stats for us to have a look at?
N/A

Thanks for the reply... This is the recent speedtest I've done along with the router's stats:

Please note that my connection has been very unstable for the past 2 days. Before this it can normally sync at 6-7Mbps, now it ranges from 256K-6Mbps. Yeah, 256K! Besides that, the connection keeps dropping from time to time.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

Looks like something is definitely wrong there. I've passed your ticket to the faults team and we'll get this tested and raised to BT if we find anything.