Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra gigabytes

ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Extra gigabytes

Hi
Can a member of Plusnet answer this for me.

I'm on the £14.99 PAYG account with the 2 gigabyte allowance,
this month I've gone over my allowance and was given another
2 gigabytes at the cost of £1.80 of which I am getting very close to useing up at this time of posting,my direct debit
payment for the next month broadband use is due on/around the
20th Dec.
So question is if I go over the extra 2 gigabytes I've already paid for(total of 4 gb) *before* the 20th Dec
(DD date)Plusnet will again allocate me another 2 gigabytes at the cost of £1.80 ,there's no way I will use the extra 2 gb in the next few days *so would the un-used portion of the 2 gigabytes be carried over and added to my next months PAYG
allowance*.
If not,why not ?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Extra gigabytes

Hi pinebox88,

I dont work for plusnet, but as far as I know im pretty sure the answer is NO. The reason for this ( again im pretty sure ) is because there is no compatability within plusnets system to manage this ( basically it would need a serious amount of development ).

Regards,
JJ
Grafter

Extra gigabytes

No it’s not carried over

Because it’s how they have decided to do it.

Having been in the same position not so long ago I soon learnt to be a little more careful and try to hold off downloading anything large until the free time. Midnight – 8am for us PAYG people (well it was last time I checked).

JohnH
N/A

Extra gigabytes

It wouldn't take much work in any sensibly coded system to carry it over, probably has more to do with profits :-P
JJ
Grafter

Extra gigabytes

Yes and no.

Yes it’s extra profit.

However my carelessness or at least lack of planning allowed them make it.

JohnH
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Extra gigabytes

Many thanks for all your comments and replies.

Good job you folk are here or I'd still be waiting to find out,think all staff must be on dinner break.
Many thanks :roll: