cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excuses, excuses, excuses

N/A

I hear all you're saying, blah blah blah but...

I've been paying £21.99 per mnth since 20/3/2003 for a 512k connection, I'm sorry but this isn't good enough when the majority of your competetors are offering 2meg+ for less £

You have been talking about this update for long enough, its time for action now.

I would like you to contact me (not reply to this post) and give me a date I can expect my upgrade.
19 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Dont hold your breath Wink
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Excuses, excuses, excuses

I would like you to contact me (not reply to this post) and give me a date I can expect my upgrade.

This is not an official support channel. You should consider raising a link:Contact Us ticket.

The free upgrades to 2Mb are underway, but unfortunately are restricted to the timeline that BT provide. They cannot simply upgrade a few million customers overnight. I'm sure they wish it was that easy, but it isn't.

Have you entered your phone number in the exchange checker at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges? This will give you an idea of when your DSLAM is due to be upgraded.
N/A

Re

I am in a similar position and I tried to raise the ticket three times regarding this issue and here are the three replies:

1) 22-05-2005: This change should go through for you in the next few weeks. If this doesn't happen, please don't hesitate to contact us.
2) 23-06-2005: I have just checked your line, it seems bt looked at upgrading your line but due to tests done at their end they were unable to upgarde you.
3) 23-06-2005: Automated speed upgrades are being provisioned gradually over the next couple of months, one exchange at a time.

Just find it a bit hard to bellieve some of these answers as I live in London......and as you said, it doesn't feel good when others are offering 2Mb line at a lower price......
N/A

The bottom line of this is, Plus Net do not do the upgrades. They cannot access your exchange. It is BT who announced this scheme and BT who are carrying it out.

Your respective lines will be upgraded when BT in their own special way decide to do it.

Neither Plus Net nor any other ISP have much influence over this process.

It will come. providing your line supports the faster speeds. Plus Net can only provide the info that BT provide them.

If we need to rant about this one its BTW we have to shout at not, on this occasion, our ISP's
N/A

As has been pointed out elsewhere,

Upgrading a single account on a DSLAM isn't too much of a headache for the ISP and/or BT.

Upgrading every account on a given DSLAM is a bid headache. People would complain loudly (even louder than they are now) if after getting their nice fat 2mb link it proceeded to work like a 9600 baud modem because the rest of the infrastructure couldn't handle the massive new strain (512kb to 2mb = 4x speed increase, not a lot until you multiply it by the number of connections on a given dslam)...
N/A

"Just find it a bit hard to bellieve some of these answers as I live in London."

I live in London too, and I don't find it hard to believe at all. My upgrade only went through about a week ago, and only to 1 Mb, not 2 Mb.

This is absolutely nothing to do with PlusNet - BT's "upgrade" does not involve waving a magic wand for we supposedly "favoured" people in London to make our lines better than the rest of the country, I am just too far from the exchange to get 2 Mb, and that's that, end of story.

With the obvious exception of cable (on which you can only get dial-up here, not broadband, because NTL drag their feet even more than BT) and LLU, which I regard as too new to even consider switching to, it would be exactly the same if I went off in a huff and signed up to another ISP - they may *advertise* 2 Mb, but they, like PlusNet, are dependent on BT, and I'd get a message saying "Sorry, but we are told by BT that in your case it will have to be 1 Mb".
N/A

Re: Excuses, excuses, excuses

This is not an official support channel. You should consider raising a <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> ticket.

The free upgrades to 2Mb are underway, but unfortunately are restricted to the timeline that BT provide. They cannot simply upgrade a few million customers overnight. I'm sure they wish it was that easy, but it isn't.

Have you entered your phone number in the exchange checker at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges? This will give you an idea of when your DSLAM is due to be upgraded.

LMAO, like you relied to my last support ticket regarding this you mean?
csogilvie
Grafter

Considering he doesn't work for PlusNet, I find it extremely doubtful he replied to your support ticket...
N/A

Considering he doesn't work for PlusNet, I find it extremely doubtful he replied to your support ticket...

You're a funny man, he is plusnet Forum Moderating Administrator and so representative of plusnet, your sarcasm may just have cost plusnet my business, don't worry I will let them know my reason.

Cya
Community Veteran

The forums are provided by plusnet but in order to *try* and prevent bias the moderators are independent of plusnet in that they are not employees - maybe they should put on their sigs All Views In This Post Are My Own, I Am Not Representitive Of Plusnet In Anyway i know for one I wouldn't like to see that.

Edit: Also what is sarcastic about Colin's post? As far as I can see it contains only fact.

1) Liam does not work for plusnet.
2) Colin finds it doubtful that Liam answered your ticket because of 1.
Community Veteran

If anyone does have any points they are unsure of with regards to the moderators there is a post in the Tutorials and FAQ forum designed to help avoid any confusion.

Chris
N/A

your sarcasm may just have cost plusnet my business,

Ah well, some business is just not worth having.
N/A

Paul - you **** I was about to say that.

Stonefish:

The moderators in the main are NOT Plusnet staff. If you can't be civil when people are giving you advice then I'm not sure anyone can do anything to help you.

Liam and Colin are both users of Plusnet and are at the same mercies of BT et al as you or I....
N/A

Perhaps Pn were ill advised to offer free upgrades and pay 1/2 million to BT and have no control over what was heppening. Then those who wanted an upgrade could have paid for one and the 1/2 million used to keep the prices inline with other ISP's. But it is true, I think to say, as we have noted before that once again new customers get the good deal and get the upgrade when they join.