cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange upgrade

simonh
Grafter

Exchange upgrade

As part of the mass upgrade program for customers, BT have released information detailing the months in which exchanges will be upgraded.

DSLAM ID Information
LV/PRE_DSL_102 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in May 2005
LV/PRE_DSL_101 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in July 2005
LV/PRE_ADSL_1 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Aug 2005

You are on the DSLAM known as LV/PRE_DSL_101.

Record last updated: 21 Jun 05

Can anyone from Plusnet tell me if this has gone through yet? I'm asking because I'm under the impression that if an upgrade fails I won't be informed about it, and I'm sceptical as to whether my line will take 2meg. Unfortunately my modem doesn't report line stats, so I can't be sure.

Thanks

Simon
8 REPLIES
N/A

Exchange upgrade

Unless you have been informed that BT are about to attempt the upgrade, then no, it hasn't taken place.
simonh
Grafter

Exchange upgrade

OK, thanks.
N/A

Exchange upgrade

DSLAM ID Information
PR_DSL_101 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in April 2005
PR_ADSL_1 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Aug 2005
PR_DSL_102 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Aug 2005

You are on the DSLAM known as PR_DSL_101.

And I'm still waiting for my upgrade... I did raise a ticket a couple of weeks ago and was told that my exchange hasn't been done as there's no record of a failed attempt.

The thing is, I'd be a really enthusiastic customer if I'd have had my regrade by now, or even if I actually knew when it would happen... but as it stands the last email I got promed me a free upgrade "from April" to upto 8mb.

Now the forums tell me that I won't get 8mb for my current monthly fee, which is fine, it's more than I need at the moment, but the shocking lack of communication from Plus Net really riles me.

It's a great irony that I'd be a far happier customer if I'd been told nothing rather than having had to fish for scraps of information, as in my experience the quality of service and non-upgrade-related-customer-service has been superb.
N/A

Exchange upgrade

I know what you mean my exchange was due April then May then June now July, which will pass to Aug and beyond.
When I posted a ticket I was informed if wish I can pay £14.99 for upgrade, though I am relunctant to do so , as luck would be a free upgrade would be available the day after my paid one.
Its a Lottery, and I have not had much sucess at that either
Geez
Grafter

Re: Exchange upgrade

Unfortunately my modem doesn't report line stats, so I can't be sure.

Are you absolutely certain your modem doesn't report line stats?

I have a bog standard Dynamode A360 and if I open the ADSL Control and Status, then hold down Control & Shift at the same time and left click on the A360 logo, an Advanced option comes up.

I select Detonator, Monitor Performance then click on update and voila! Smiley

I believe this works on some other modems (try Control, F1) and although the stats aren't very accurate, they're better than nothing Wink
N/A

Exchange upgrade

I have one of the old Binatone ADSL 500s, and I haven't found anything to suggest it can report line stats.

Fabian, you're not alone- my exchange DSLAM was "due for upgrade in April", and hasn't been done. I check once a week on the BT speedtester login/site, and it's no better. I'm sure plusnet can't do anything about it.
simonh
Grafter

Exchange upgrade

I have he Binatone too, it doedn't support line stats
martinrowe
Grafter

Exchange upgrade

Unless you have been informed that BT are about to attempt the upgrade, then no, it hasn't taken place.

No-one advised me that BT were about to attempt my upgrade. I connect today and it shows 2mb. I wouldn't mind but it disconnects every couple of minutes. I would rather they leave it at the old ADSL speed as at least I could use it.