Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange status checker

N/A

Exchange status checker

How often does this get updated?

It says for my exchange - The ETA fix time is: 03 Nov 06

but it is still showing red, I guess this is the reason why I can't do anything with my connection.
8 REPLIES
Dean
Grafter

Exchange status checker

From the exchange checker website

"It is updated weekly when updates are available and reflects a snapshot of speed capacity from each exchange. Results shown here should not lead you to conclusive proof of an issue."

However, over the past 2 days I have seen a number of exchanges where the ETA for Fix is in the recent past. I know BT are busy on these Virtual Path issues and updates seem to be out of date - so I've raised an issue with our BT account manager on this very subject yesterday. I expect a full update by the end of the week.

Dean
N/A

Exchange status checker

O.k thank you Dean.
Community Veteran

Exchange status checker

Having a red status may or may not be the cause of your problems. Being red does not mean it won't work, it just means when busy, speeds will be lower than normal.

Updating of the tool is dependant on BT actually releasing the updated information which is not always frequent or reliable. PUG (who are reponsible for the tool) try to update it as soon as an update is released but there can be delays due to real life getting in the way.
N/A

Exchange status checker

When I run the Broadband fault checker, it says that the exchange is red and thats the reason for the slow speeds.

If as you say it may not be the cause, are plusnet just using that as an excuse to stop people running the fault checker, surely it shouldn't just stop the check there and instead do some more tests to see if there is a fault else where?

It seems that if the exchange is red that is the answer you are given whether it something else or not.
Dean
Grafter

Exchange status checker

> When I run the Broadband fault checker, it says that the exchange is red and thats the reason for the slow speeds.

It should state thats its most likely the cause but certain customers on that exchange will seem more impact that others. Hence, my last post in another thread (1 down) about "latitude" for interpretation and something I need to solve this week.

>If as you say it may not be the cause, are plusnet just using that as an excuse to stop people running the fault checker, surely it shouldn't just stop the check there and instead do some more tests to see if there is a fault else where?

Nope. If you have a fault - we need you to got through the relevant process as fast as possible and get a resolution otherwise your just going to get p*ssed off with the service, create more support issues and ultimately leave with a bitter taste in your mouth.

However, if we simply pass on all issues to BT with an exchange in status RED then they bounce. Again - referring to my post in the other thread - a reason why I raised it with our account manager.

Either way, if you as a customer think its not helpful and we and customers from BT think its not helpful - we need to solve it.

>It seems that if the exchange is red that is the answer you are given whether it something else or not.

Then we need to fix that perception. I'll take a look at it in the morning.
N/A

Exchange status checker

O.k thanks again, I will check it again at the end of the week - Cheesy

It doesn't normally bother me because I work nights but the wife is moaning that she has problems loading pages and they keep timing out, so she can't spend my wages on ebay during the evening (To me thats a good thing, to her it's the end of the world)
Dean
Grafter

Exchange status checker

lol!

I have exactly the same problem.

Dean
csogilvie
Grafter

Exchange status checker

The last update I applied moved a lot of the dates, unfortunately.

The last update I can get my hands on is dated 30th October thouguh, so I'm not sure if it'll have changed or not.