cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange is showing red

N/A

Exchange is showing red

Hi, my local exchange is showing red on the virtual paths and I'm wondering how much of an effect this is having on my poor peak time connection speeds?
Also, the eta is the 18/11, as that has passed how soon will BT fix it...
ChrisC
28 REPLIES
pppbm
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

Mine was also showing 18 Nov ETA fix but today it has been 'updated' to show 30 Nov.

As far as trusting BT is concerned it might as well show the 12th of Never!
N/A

Exchange is showing red

Ok, just performed a speedtest using the one from adslguide and it indicates a download of 1.7kbps. Speedtest.net had this:

So is this normal considering the exchange issues, still no eta change btw...
ChrisC
pppbm
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

It is hard to tell whether your figures are good or not. There are so many variables involved - for example: distance from exchange, contention ratio, modem and connection type plus the connection within your own home!
Have a look around these various 'threads' and if you still think you have a problem raise a ticket for PlusNet to investigate.
Good luck
N/A

Exchange is showing red

My exchange has been on red for about 2 months and the fix date keeps being changed just checked this and low and behold its been changed yet again from the 22nd to the 30th.
How long will they keep changing the goalposts and get out and fix the problem .. can they keep changing the dates forever.
alankay
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

Ditto..I don't think we're alone in this!
N/A

Exchange is showing red

Hi, I'm around 600 metres from the exchange, I'm on maxdsl, my router is a D-Link DSL-G624M which shows my link speed at 8128kbps - 26db up & 11db down, it has seen speeds of over 6000kbs on occasion at non-peak times. Using +net's premier....

Worse has been this
ady
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

wow that ping is low Cheesy im usually getting 400 off them, but around 80 in reality, which im not to bothered about. I guess the FPS players will be lol

----------

also how do i check the status of my exchange ?
N/A

Exchange is showing red

James
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

Bear in mind that pushing 40% of exchanges in the country are currently on red.

illegal89 - you can see the exchange status page here:

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
N/A

Exchange is showing red

You're not alone :shock:

It has been better, esp after 12pm, best is about 5-5.5mb

4 days to new isp Cheesy
Community Veteran

Exchange is showing red

i'm on a red exchange ... been testing at 5-6MB/s all week, but this evening < 1MB/s.
it's the inconsistency that is so vexing
James
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

It's possible that it being a weekend has something to do with it. My speeds are currently 2-3mbps down on what I have been getting.
N/A

Exchange is showing red

My exchange has been red since early September and these are the fix dates that have come and gone:-
The ETA fix time is: 24 Nov 06

Record last updated: 13 Nov 06

Historical information for this exchange:
Status Date
red 06 Nov 06
red 30 Oct 06
red 23 Oct 06
red 16 Oct 06
red 09 Oct 06

I wonder if it will ever be upgraded? In peak times I'm now getting below 400 kb/s every day. Although there have been times when my speeds have been close to max for my connection, though never as good as when the exchange was last upgraded and I started to get a lot of errors and eventually so many resyncs that I reported a fault. After a month that was supposed to be fixed, but it's getting worse again now.

I wonder if somebody in BT made a mistake at the last upgrade and hasn't found it yet, and if so, if it will be found at the next upgrade.. if that happens before 21CN in 2009. :shock:
csogilvie
Grafter

Exchange is showing red

I wonder how hard it would be to extend the history to include fix dates...