cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange activation

N/A

Exchange activation

if you have registered for broadband, when BT have enabled your local exchange, do they ring or email you or neither?
7 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Exchange activation

Er, it's all a little bit (too) random, but do you mean do BT ring you, or do we ring you?

Don't expect a call from anyone really - The problem being that when 30 exchanges get activated at once (Which is what normally happens) you are talking about 9000 people all of whom can suddenly get DSL and this amount of people can never be contacted in a timely fashion...

Regards,
N/A

Exchange activation

No, what I meant was that if you register through www.btopenworld.com/broadband, do BT subsequently tell you that your exchange has been enabled? In their registration form there, it asks for a contact phone number and email address, but I have never heard that BT contact anyone.

From what you say in your post Ian, that confirms it.
N/A

Exchange activation

BT will probably get there initially. If you move house and they connect the new phone, you get a text message when it's done. Seems to me the broadband bit of BT is a long way from that level of maturity though.
Community Veteran

Exchange activation

What BT openworld do is pretty much up to them and isn't really relevent to these forums.

BT Openworld is in essence a seperate company from the part of BT (BT Wholesale) who go round activating exchanges and looking after lines.

Chris
N/A

Exchange activation

After an exchange trigger level has been reached, on average, how long does it take BT to enable a exchange?
N/A

Exchange activation

Your best bet is to look at ADSL Guide.

The process has been refined over the year, and it has not allways come about that the rules of the game have been followed.

Some RFS (Ready For Service) dates where issued yesterday. These range from Feb 11th 2004 to March 10th. (read the message on ADSL guide about the Jan dates).

As a quick guide, the "Ellesmere" exchange has been set Feb 11th as the RFS date. This exchange hit the required trigger level of 200 on October 30th.

Review the list and lookup some dates for the on the demand tracker at ADSL Guide.
N/A

Exchange activation

Thanks Philip, that's helpful. Smiley