cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Status

N/A

Exchange Status

.. is a load of crap. Who exactly puts the info on this tool? BT or Plusnet? cos i have the feeling that plusnet are making up the dates for upgrades/fixes. Or BT are smoking some of the good ol'stuff.

Estimated Upg date, Aug 05. (right yeah)

ETA, VP capacity Fix. Sept 1st 05 (HaH)

/me Disapointed that im paying for 2mb that i dont have ... !!!
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Exchange Status

BT provide the information.
Community Veteran

Exchange Status

It says:
"As part of the mass upgrade program for customers, BT have released information detailing the months in which exchanges will be upgraded."

and:
"We must stress that this information is a guide only.

Some DSLAM's require multiple visits which means that a particular customer's DSLAM might be upgraded at a later date.

Furthermore the dates given for when any DSLAM is upgraded is subject to change."

I think this makes it quite plain that the info is from BT but that it might not be entirely accurate i.e. that BT might be behind on their work.

According to the info for my exchange, the upgrade for my DSLAM was due to be started in July, but I didn't have the upgrade till the very end of August. I was quite pleased about that, as I'd expected them to be further behind than just one month and a bit. We are talking about BT, after all.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Community Veteran

Exchange Status

July -> August :shock:
Mine was due april adn I got it in August
N/A

Re: Exchange Status

briggsyuk: "Disapointed that im paying for 2mb that i dont have ... !!!"

Thought that you only get what your line is capable of handling. Whilst the advertised speed may be "up to 2Mb" that doesn't mean you will get that.
glyndev
Grafter

Exchange Status

July -> August :shock:
Mine was due april adn I got it in August

Mine was due in May. Still waiting.
N/A

Exchange Status

Info in sig vvvv.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Exchange Status

My upgrade was supposed to be in April, went to June then July and I finally got it end of August! It's great now I finally have it though.

So hang in there.
N/A

Exchange Status

Mine due April, got early August. Superb, no problems at all. Cheesy
N/A

Exchange Status

Upgrades are not supposed to be done on any specific date.

As per the exchange checker, this is only guidance information and show a comencment date, not a completion date.
N/A

Exchange Status

I'm still awaiting for my upgrade. I did get told by Plusnet that I could pay for it to be done (£14.99), I agreed but then was informed that I could only pay by Visa or Mastercard, which I do not have and only a debit card.

Just find it strange that when I joined Plusnet they debited my card but now I cannot pay for the upgrade with it :roll:

I'm considering moving over to NTL as personally I've not been impressed by Plusnet during my 10 months.
N/A

Exchange Status

What type of debit card do you have?

Only certain types can be used.

You can alternatly send a cheque to PlusNet, then raise a ticket noting that the cheque is on the way.
N/A

Exchange Status

It's a switch solo debit card.
N/A

Exchange Status

Then what is Bt's reasons for not updating the info? why cant they give real job dates liek they give to there engineers? why why why why?

i dont understand how somthing as simple as a date can be so hard to give to your cusotmers?