cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Server IMF and Webmail

N/A

At work we've recently upgraded to Exchange Server 2003 and turned on its Intelligent Message Filtering to help trap spam. If I send a mail to work from PlusNet webmail then it gets marked as having a 95% chance of being spam. With our current threshold it gets archived and doesn't reach the recipient.
I know this is probably a problem with the IMF but why would e-mails from PlusNet webmail get such a high probability of being spam? Messages from Hotmail, Yahoo etc get through fine.

Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Could it be the footer added to every received email by the virus scanner used by PlusNet?:

--
This email has been verified as Virus free
Virus Protection and more available at http://www.plus.net
N/A

Have you considered putting a whitelist in place to allow emails from +net through?

IMHO, I would ditch Exchange and migrate to MDaemon. (www.altn.com). Its a lot less convoluted, uses less resources and if it breaks, you dont spend the next 2 months trying in vain to fix the sod!

The new features they are bringing in with V9 are a cert to damage the market share of the Redmond monster.... Until such time as Billy Gates and his vultures buy Alt-N!! Evil
N/A

Putting it into a whitelist seems the easiest option. Thanks for the suggestion.