cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Regraded but ... (CS Reps please help)

N/A

Hi

I found this out over at ADSLguide that my exchange and DSLAM (my exchange is EACAM (CB-ADSL-102)) has been regraded to 2MB (upto). Now how to I

1) Get this magical regrade??

2) I'm still on ADSL home self install (monthly) £21.99, what do I need to do to get the 2MB. Last I heard, I could do this through "my account" but I don't see any options to move to a faster speed.

3) Do I need to move to a premium product?? or can I stay on ADSL home self install ?

can any CS help? will I get this before the weekend is finished? .... Wink

thanks
15 REPLIES
N/A

Has the speed at which your modem syncs to the exchange increased at all?

If not, then no, the work has not been done.

The dates ont he exchange checker are not "You will/have been done" dates. but the months in which the work will commence.
N/A

Not yet, but theres a user over at ADSLguide whos on the same exchange/dslam as me and they HAD their broadband upgraded. I don't see how if they can get "regraded" for free, I can't?? ...

I'm no expert but I thought if one person on the same exchange/dslam is upgraded then everyone is? Or am I wrong? ...

Thanx
N/A

It can very much depend on thw work that needs to be doen to complete the DSLAM.
N/A

And not forgetting whether your line is capable of getting 2Mb etc.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's no regrade in progress yet, if your DSLAM's been done then it probably won't be long. You'll get an email from us as soon as the regrade is in progress.
N/A

thanks for all the replies ... Smiley
N/A

Well after 5 months the exchage will be upgraded in the next 11 days. No email as yet from +Net, but friends and family (who live in the next town) from other ISP's have had their BB upgraded to 2mbps, But, I am brassed off that BT have taken then time to upgrade my line.

Have spoken to +Net and they said they should recieve an email any time within 11 days.
N/A

Hi,

There's no regrade in progress yet, if your DSLAM's been done then it probably won't be long. You'll get an email from us as soon as the regrade is in progress.

I note this morning I'm suddenly connected at 2272K (2.2 Meg), no email from Plusnet here either.

Can you confirm that Colne (Lancashire - 01282) has indeed ben uprated and make any changes necessary at your end ?

Also, can you advise if any changes are required at my end when going from 512K to 2.2Meg with a ZyXEL P630-C1 USB modem on Windows XP Home SP2 ..?
N/A

@ peggywan

make sure you reboot your modem/router every day to check your sync speed, cos i think it takes a restart to sync your line at the new speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi downlink,

Give your modem/router a reboot and you'll be on 2Mbps. You might need to do a little MTU/RWIN tweaking to get eke out the last couple of kbps, but nothing else.
N/A

Many thanks, had to to change the receive window (13900 to 2668Cool but other than that no problems.

Derived the 26688 from what 'Tweak Tester II' reported - it suggested something between 19460 and 50040, so I just halved the difference and added it to 19460.

The results seem to be acceptable to me:

http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/tweak/block:1cd91da?service=dsl&speed=2000&os=winXP&via=pppoA

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=6ce4e7cf105d38268b06ab2028e
N/A

N/A

N/A

Have a look at http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/tweak2.htm. There's some other suggested settings there which may be better for you.