cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding my peak-time allowance?

N/A

Can i run off-peak usage as high as i want if i keep peak below 10GB?

Thanks.
22 REPLIES
N/A

i think theres still the 100gb limit, but dont quote me on it
Alecto
Grafter

Yes there is still the 100GB overall fair use policy, and if you start approaching this, Plusnet will not be over happy with you.

I assume you mean on a premier account.
N/A

Ah great, well that's reasonable. Thanks.
N/A

any idea about BB+, is it still 100 GB?
Alecto
Grafter

Fraid not.

The BB+ limits as stated in the sales pages are:

Is This Suitable For Me?

Broadband Plus is not suitable for data-intensive applications such as file-sharing and large downloads. Broadband Plus is designed for 3GB usage at peak times (4pm - midnight) per month. If you think you need more than this, or you regularly use peer-to-peer, take a look at Broadband Premier or Broadband Pay As You Go.

During off-peak periods you get up to a possible 50GB per month on Broadband Plus.
N/A

Broadband Plus is not suitable for data-intensive applications such as file-sharing and large downloads. Broadband Plus is designed for 3GB usage at peak times (4pm - midnight) per month. If you think you need more than this, or you regularly use peer-to-peer, take a look at Broadband Premier or Broadband Pay As You Go.

During off-peak periods you get up to a possible 50GB per month on Broadband Plus.

This fits in with it being advertised as "no fixed download limits"...how?
FooAtari
Grafter

Does it say that for BB Plus? I havent checked so maybe it does. I would have thought the "Is This Suitable For Me" part is a big indicator that it's not for any kind of heavy use.
N/A

Does it say that for BB Plus? I havent checked so maybe it does. I would have thought the "Is This Suitable For Me" part is a big indicator that it's not for any kind of heavy use.

Yes it does - on this page

Screenshot:
Alecto
Grafter

1. There's lies, damn lies and advertising.
2. The limits are not fixed, as they throttle you to death long before you hit them, so it depends on your patience how much you eventually get to download.

But in any case, if you intend to use those amounts regularly, Plusnet will get fed up with you and suggest you go elsewhere.
You can't seriously expect anyone to give you unlimited downloading for £14.99 or even £21.99 a month.
N/A

You can't seriously expect anyone to give you unlimited downloading for £14.99 or even £21.99 a month.

If it's advertised as "no fixed download limits" then you could well do - particularly as when BB+ was launched last year it had no fair usage policy.

I'm aware that the meaning of the word "unlimited" has been changed to suit ISP's (backed up by an advertising ruling), however "no fixed download limits" (a term different to unlimited) very much suggests no capping. With a limit of 50GB offpeak, and strict peak management there is a cap - is this unclear advertising by plus.net that contradicts itself?
Alecto
Grafter

OK.
I'm not here to defend Plusnet, but your complaint has been aired countless times on the forums, about both BB+ and Premier, and ultimately I fear you are wasting your breath (or finger ends).
You won't get anywhere,.

And my last remark simply says that if an offer looks too good to be true, then it is, so don't believe it. Whether from Plusnet, or Nigeria.
N/A

And my last remark simply says that if an offer looks too good to be true, then it is, so don't believe it. Whether from Plusnet, or Nigeria.

Interesting - putting plus.net in the same category as the criminals doing the 419 email scams like that!
Alecto
Grafter

:lol:
FooAtari
Grafter

BB+ doesn’t have a limit as such. It just gets progressively slower after you reach 3G until the end of the billing month.

I agree though that the advertising is quite misleading, but it does also state further on that BB+ is for light use.

Most ISP's seem to be exempt from the same advertising laws as other industries...