Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on PN sales page

Bookman
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

Hi,
I think there is an error that needs correcting on this PN page - it is the page for the basic BBYW package.

http://www.plus.net/products/option.html?type=bbyw&product=option1&link_bbyw_prod=option1

I can get this page when I am logged out but not when logged in (I was looking for the package for someone else), therefore I am describing the problem from memory.

There is a list of hardware options near the top of the page. It seems to have the one-port router twice and no 4-port router. The reader can see it is wrong when looking at the details lower down the page - but a potential new customer might not look that far if he/she sees only one-port routers.

Cheers Smiley
9 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

I'm just looking into this now and will get back to you... :-)
Liam
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

Thanks for highlighting this to us. I have raised an internal problem (ID 42661) to get this resolved.

Again, many thanks. Good spot!
Bookman
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

Liam,
My main point was about the router and the intention is simply to help PN clear up what I assume is a typo error.

But a related question. I mentioned about not being able to view the same page when logged in. In this case, when I click on the £9.99 option it just takes me to an upgrade page. This only offers me upgrades to my Teleworker package - in other words, I cannot look at "lower value" packages.

If I want to be able to advise someone else who is looking for a new broadband package, how do I view all the other packages while looged in?

Thanks!
Liam
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

Ah, the reason for this is because Teleworker is in our Business Product range. And the use of Residential accounts for Business purposes is against our AUP. So when you attempt to change your product, it will only give you products in our Business range - and not residential products.

A Business Product refresh is currently in planning, which will include changes to Teleworker (or similar) offerings. If you have any ideas or suggestions for what you would like from a Broadband product, we would be delighted to hear them here :

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,4709.0.html
avalon
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

So if someone with a teleworker account changes jobs - or even work practices, such that they no longer need to work from home, they are not allowed to downgrade to an standard home account?

But if they migrate to another provider they wouldn't have such a problem. :roll: Something needs reviewing in the product selector methinks.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Error on PN sales page

No, it just means that you can't do it via the portal. We can make a change from business to residential internally so if someone in this position raised a ticket we could do it for them.
Bookman
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

Liam (and others),
Thanks for the help and comments. Although I have a Teleworker account, my objective was to advise my father-in-law on what would be the best account for him if he were to move to PN. There must be other people who do the same thing - need to find info for potential PN customers (whether residential or business)! Smiley
Plusnet Leader
Plusnet Leader

Error on PN sales page

If you are just wanting to see details of all the different packages that are on offer then you can click on the home page of the website and see all the different business and residential packages Cheesy
Liam
Grafter

Error on PN sales page

Yep... it's only when you move into the "Buy" process that you're directed to Upgrade your product as it detects you as being logged in as a customer.