cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 633

N/A

Error 633

Hi everyone

Sorry if this has a simple solution - not very good with computers!

When I try to connect to the internet by entering my username and password, I get the following error message:

Disconected from Voyager 105 ADSL Modem
Dialup networking was unable to complete the connection

Error: 633
The modem isn't setup correctly to work with dialup networking

However, if I disconnect the modem and then connect it again, I can log on fine.

Cany anybody tell me what to do? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Error 633

Have you tried reinstalling your modem drivers?
James
Grafter

Error 633

Sorry! Little more information Smiley

If you go to your start menu and then control panels, you'll find something that says add/remove programs, which should allow you to uninstall the modem drivers. You can then reinstall them using the CD that came with the modem.
N/A

Error 633

Hi James, thanks for the reply!

Yeah I unistallled the modem drivers and installed them again twice. Still the same problem.

I can connect to broadband but it's just a pain having to disconnect and re-connect the modem every time I turn on the computer.

For some reason the computer is recognising that I am trying to establish a dial-up connection rathert than a broadband one. Any ideas as to what might be amiss?

Thanks a lot
Community Veteran

Error 633

thats how the 105 works - it appears like a dialup connection (theres a thread from a few months ago which explains this in a bit more detail).
so you should expect a dialogue box which asks for username/password (although you should be able to set it to autodial, even though i could never make this work) when you load up an app which accesses the internet.
however it does sound as though you may have a further problem beyond this?
when i used a 105 and ran into trouble i not only uninstalled the modem using "add/remove" but also made sure there was no shred of it left in DialUpNetworking and in the network config of the pc. i was also foolhardily confident enough to do a james herriot on the registry (assuming you're using windows) to make usre i got rid of it.
then i installed from scratchfollowing instructions to the letter and it all burst into life.
of course there may still be a problem with your line, filters, modem, bt, plusnet, weather ...