cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Er hum!

N/A

Er hum!

Yesterday I decided I couldn't afford the prices plus.net were charging me for internet access as they wanted me to upgrade to the always on connection a couple of days ago or they would disconnect me. Fair enough I thought to myself, I will move ISP.

After finding another ISP, Madasafish (very good speeds) for only £14.99 a month (yes it does have 2 hour cut off times, but u just set ur pc to auto redial!) I thought well I have months left in my plus.net account and I use the servers a lot, so I'll down grade my account! I did so yesterday to the connect lite package. - this means that I dont have to pay anything until the end of 2003 =)

Since yesterday I have used the plus.net connectuion to only uplaod files - yet i still get this very awkward email!

*Begin EMAIL Snippet*
* You have used more than your Plus.net Connect Lite User account's fair usage - Final notice *

This email is to inform you that you have used more than your account's fair usage limit again for the current week. Our records show you used 21.3 hours up to 2002/07/29, over a 3 day period.
*End EMAIL Snippet*

Okay couple of points.
1) Final notice - WTF I haven't even had a first notice for this account type!
2) Over a 3 day period - strange seeing as I have only had this account type for 1 day!
3) Also, that date appears incorrect. How can you be saying that upto the 29th when I only changed my account on the 30th!

Anjswers plz - and only intelligent ones!
--
When you do something right, no one notices that you've done anything at all!
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Er hum!

Our accounts are clearly marked out how many hours per package a user is expected to connect to the internet.

What users have experienced in the internet market is an attitude, by other providers of not mentioning fair usage time. The other providers handle their heavy users by a simple method of cutting off a user for over usage.

We believe in a more open and honest attitude. We allow our users to choose the correct package for them and because of this we do not have cut off times.

We know that a user may occasionally over use. We have a number of polite reminders that go out to users reminding them of the package they chose and the specifications of that package. This gives the user the choice of either upgrading or complying with the product they have purchased. This we believe is a fair way to run a business.

Your account will lose its ability to use the unmetered service within the next few days. Your options were to upgrade your account not to downgrade it. To continue using our unmetered products you will need to upgrade to the proper account.

Kind Regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Kevin - the way you have phrased some of that seems very threatening to me!

And wtf you now want to cancel my dial up service because you FEEL like it? What are you, clinically insane! I have always supported plus.net up until recently.

*Begin EMAIL Snippet*
Our records show you have used more than your fair usage on a number of occasions during the last 28 days. Unless you upgrade your account type or adapt your usage to your account's fair usage levels, your Connect Internet access will be deactivated next time you exceed your account's fair usage. If you need more time online for a short period of time, you can access the Internet by entering 0845 1400101 in your computer's Internet dial-up connection settings. These calls are charged at standard BT national call rates.
*End EMAIL Snippet*

No offense or anthing, but the words "or adapt your usage to your account's fair usage levels" implies to me that you aren't going to terminate my account dialup, but you are TELLING me that I have too do something about either upgrading or modifying my time online. Seeing as I have a new ISP, I won't be using the dialup apart from to uplaod things onto my webspace, so I am or rather have modified my time usage!
If you disagree with what I say here, please xplain the email phrasing!
--
When you do something right, no one notices that you've done anything at all!
N/A

> Kevin - the way you have phrased some of that seems very threatening to me!

No threat was intended

> *Begin EMAIL Snippet*
> Our records show you have used more than your fair usage on a number of occasions during the last 28 days. Unless you upgrade your account type or adapt your usage to your account's fair usage levels, your Connect Internet access will be deactivated next time you exceed your account's fair usage. If you need more time online for a short period of time, you can access the Internet by entering 0845 1400101 in your computer's Internet dial-up connection settings. These calls are charged at standard BT national call rates.
> *End EMAIL Snippet*

Apologises. This was my error. Looking at your account again you are recieved a warning. I misread it and thought you were passed all the warnings.

All we want is for our users to use the service fairly within the account specifications, so as not to detriment the service to other users. You have had three warnings, as long as you keep within the correct usage problem there is no issue.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----