cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is Enough !

N/A

Enough is Enough !

Hi,

Since I have no confidence in either the ticket system or with the ability of PlusNets e-mail servers I'm copying my latest ticket to you here.

1. Why despite saying you've reset my usage have you not done so - your meter says I've used 5.53GB of data my actual usage is 81.22Mb - please fix this at once.

2. What the hell is going on with your e-mail servers - for two weeks now I've had more and more delays. Frankly this is fast approaching the point where I will have no choice but to terminate my contract with you. I can no longer rely on any part of the service I pay you for - I am very very tired of being fobbed of with excuses and delays - fix my usage and e-mail within the next 24 hours or I will migrate.

Don't blame other peoples servers for the e-mail problems - i've received mails from my office via different route 2 days ago which still haven't surfaced via Plusnet - worse you can't even rely on them just being delayed - random e-mails are just not being delivered - I'm still waitign for a key e-mail from a customer who told me on the 'phone he sent it at 7.30 this morning ...
My secretary has sent me several e-mails today about 40% haven't arrived - I'd already noticed that your servers mess up on Thursday afternoon and deliver mail on the following Sunday - despite delivering mail within minutes if sent from the same source on the Friday...

Can we have some real detials and reassurance on this - and above all can we have our e-mail - otherwise I will be forced to migrate.

DinAlt
12 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Enough is Enough !

Hi,

Since I have no confidence in either the ticket system or with the ability of PlusNets e-mail servers I'm copying my latest ticket to you here.

Hi

It would be interesting for others if you posted the response to your ticket.

Would you do that?

You never know it may help progress your ticket ( and others who have the same problem ) to a soultion... Wink
N/A

Enough is Enough !

I believe that both of these issues are covered in the service status section of the site.
Rather than quote, I'll attempt to paraphrase;

VMBU (View My Broadband Usage) is in the process of being upgraded, and currently there are some teething issues for some people. Please do raise a ticket and they'll sort the problem for you.

Mailservers have been more or less goosed for the last few weeks - spam overload/NDR attack/A N Other. We are told that the road to normality is now short, and things *should* return to normal pretty soon.

Further reading on both of these here
N/A

Enough is Enough !

Well 14 hours in and my ticket has not been answered.
I am still missing e-mails - including the one mentioned in my ticket which has now been delayed for 24 hours.
I've just got a few e-mails some of which have been delayed by 48 hours.
I know I'm missing a major e-mail from Monday because I've seen other people replies to it so some of my mail is being delayed by by 3 days.

Basically this is pathetic - and no response to my ticket in 14 hours just shows how incapable PN have become.

I've read their service announcements - they do not convince me at all two weeks ago I told them my e-mail was no longer reliable and I was fobbed off without a proper reply. As for the VMU I'm aware people have had problems with it - what I want is MY usage reset. I don't want excuses I want action something PN seem incapable of doing without first issuing a plan, recalling the plan for consultation, editing the plan, having their operatives change the plan as soon as it is implemented then finally doing exacly what they want .

DinAlt
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Enough is Enough !

A lot of mail is arriving up to four days late, even the service updates are being delayed by several days. This has been going on for best part of a week now.
Mand
Grafter

Enough is Enough !

Hi

I'm getting your usage reset as we speak, along with working with the development team to get the underlying issue resolved.

A Service Status re email will be issued today but so far the queues are reducing as we expected them to.
N/A

Enough is Enough !

Thanks for the response Mand - any comment has to why it has taken 19 hours to respond to my ticket though?

I can be sympathetic with the fact you guys (and gals) are working hard to solve these problems but recently PN have been lurching from disaster to disaster with the CS staff trying to cover up the cracks as they go along.
Crisis management is not teh way to run a business - PN make much play about their top of the range technology and how far they are ahead of the pack but every new innovation falls flat on its face..

oh and to add a lighter tough to this thread - I'll paste this section from your ticket response...

"your billing month is showing as more than 30 days long"

So the fancy system that monitors our usage doesn't know how long a month is... Odd since it ALWAYS!!! knows when the end of the month comes round for billing...
Oh and the above statement is wrong because I'd already recieved notification that my usage had been reset - it hasn't which shows that the problem hasn't been investigated at all just a random answer added to the ticket...

DinAlt
N/A

Enough is Enough !

This is a snip from a PlusNet Update e-mail I received - and I quote:

Since April 29th we have been experiencing higher volumes of inbound mail than normal.

Are you kidding me?! Has e-mail become seasonal now?? Higher volumes of inbound mail than normal?? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Are PlusNet seriously trying to tell us that they're suprised by how much e-mail has been sent and they've been caught on the hop unprepared? C'mon pull the other one - not even PlusNet are that incompetent - I do give PlusNet some credit for being professional. So if it's not that (and it quite clearly can't be) then what the heck is going on?Huh
N/A

Enough is Enough !

Well, we get around 1000 emails passing into our company on a daily basis, so I'd say that if I get a spike of more that 1500, particularly if it lasts for more than a day - thats more than expected.

In the past I got hit with over 10,000 two days on the trot, which caused me some not insignificant problems.
Plusnet will be dealing with much larger numbers - just think of the number of domains they handle mail for, including their own!

If they have had this kind of hike, which their mention of mass spam attacks hints towards, then they will have had an inordinately difficult task trying to rectify it. I at least could filter much more easily to decide which to drop to speed up delivery/recovery.
N/A

Enough is Enough !

Okay fair enough - maybe I overeacted. It's not often I do - but maybe I overeacted.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Enough is Enough !

Plusnet will be dealing with much larger numbers - just think of the number of domains they handle mail for, including their own!

If they have had this kind of hike, which their mention of mass spam attacks hints towards, then they will have had an inordinately difficult task trying to rectify it. I at least could filter much more easily to decide which to drop to speed up delivery/recovery.

Yes! But this is a professional(?) ISP we are refering to here with "expert" network engineers! A quick scan of ADSLguide shows no other ISP having such email difficulties? So why PlusNet?

I've now moved my main mail address to being external to PlusNet just to ensure that some key mail about a house purchase gets through! Just beginning to question the "Why PlusNet".

Web hosting is fragile - "We are not a web hosting company", Web logs seriously borked for many weeks now. So my web site is external to PlusNet.

PlusTalk - very limited, no CLI, not a "Core" product for support. My "playing" with VoIp is with SipGate.

BBC MultiCast trial - currently in long term suspension pending sufficient resource to turn it into a "product" despite Bob Pullen's excellent efforts to keep life in it!

Most other bits featured high in the advertising are declared as "Community support" .

I'm fairly self sufficient in most of the these areas, but their high prominence in the advertising was what brought me to PlusNet as a good place to do the things I must do, with plenty of space to "Play" with some of the new things. That's why I chose to pay for premier over Plus. Now I'm discovering that all is not as advertised on the tin! My basic connection is fine, but all the extras I'm paying for are NOT being delivered in a reliable and consistent manner. So platitudes are not required - action on the long list of failures is!

Maurice
N/A

Enough is Enough !

OK 4 hours on my usage still hasn't been reset.

Obviously not that bothered by my complaint - wonder how fast you'd respond if I didn't care bout your money - the VMU directly effects my quality of service but you can't get it workign or worse still WHEN YOU KNOW IT's broekn you can't fix or reset it.

DinAlt

So far it's been 19 hours since I informed you of the fault with your eqpt and you still havn't fixed it - your e-mail service is still not working correctly - I've just replied to an e-mail that's 48 hours old...
Mand
Grafter

Enough is Enough !

dinalt your billing date was showing as from April 11th to June 6th, this is longer than 30 days.

We have investigated the issue and found that your usage was not reset on your billing date. We are running a script over the next couple of hours to reset the usage of all customers affected.

A service status re email will be posted shortly.